The F mount adapter quality will be the key part…

About Nikon cameras(Film, coolpix, DSLR and Nikon mirrorless "Z"), lenses, accessories, links and firmware updates and sample pictures.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

The F mount adapter quality will be the key part…

Post by Stany Buyle »

Months ago I have been told that “my complete Nikon lens lignup” will work perfect on the future Nikon FX ML with a sophisticated lens adapter for my F mount lenses. Today’s announcement- “Additionally, a new mount adapter is being developed for the new mirrorless camera. This will work with the F-Mount NIKKOR lenses that are part of the Nikon digital-SLR system, adding to the variety of choices for photographers.”- confirms this.
My beloved old and even prehistoric lenses together with the new ones which all work flawless on my Nikon dslrs, have always been the reason why I even never considered a move to Sony or Fuji ML, and Nikon seems to understand very well that millions of Nikon users think the same about this.
Whatever somebody likes this evolution or not, even the diehard dslr owners have to agree that the harsh shutter and mirror slap sound has never been funny or usable during a wedding or a situation where silence is advised or required…

With Nikon dslr vs Nikon ML, I see some similarity with my diesel car which will become obsolete soon, to be replaced by an electric or hybrid one… The only difference is that I will have a free choice for photography while about car choice it will become an obligation.

In the very near future and for myself, I see Nikon ML as complementary to dslr, not as an immediate replacement…
If Nikon will bring two ML versions like Sony did with 7S & 7R, I'm in for one of the first batch of the lowlight version. The Nikon ML “noct” will become my wedding/silent/lowlight camera. Next to that my D850 will serve for action, wildlife, landscape and macro.
But, if,-as I expect-, the upcoming Nikon FX ML will beat my current D850 and other dslr’s on about everything (AF, AF field coverage, weight, overall speed, big high resolution touch screen, features,…) , and If the adapter is really as good as I was told it will be, I might go totally ML.

ML is the future, and the F mount adapter quality will be the key part to make Nikon FX ML a success story or not.

Kindest regards,
Stany

related topic: :arrow: Adapter with mirror????

related topic :arrow: Nikon Z event on YouTube
related topic :arrow: Nikon ML is born...
related topic :arrow: Mirrorless reinvented
related topic :arrow: Nikon Z-series LIVE Hands-on Panel Discussion
related topic :arrow: Nikon ML Z6 & Z7 release
related topic :arrow: Nikon ML hands on review by Bjørn Rørslett …
related topic :arrow: D850 vs Z7 size comparison
Iliah Borg
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: The F mount adapter quality will be the key part…

Post by Iliah Borg »

Dear Stany:

Here is a potential catch, it may be read not as all F-mount lenses, but "F-Mount NIKKOR lenses that are part of the Nikon digital-SLR system". It leaves me wondering if older manual lenses are supported.

So, yes, I need to know exactly what lenses are compatible, and what are the limitations.

More, I think Nikon are in need to enable manufacturing of high quality EOS adapter.

I use dSLRs a lot (having also full m4/3 and ILCE/ILCA systems), and one of the reasons is night vision. EVF is not helping to preserve it.
Stany Buyle

The FT-1 on the nikon 1 system was working great..

Post by Stany Buyle »

I found this link and comment on Dpreview and I remember I considered a V3 with that FT-1 for tele and macro, but finally did not buy it because of AF point limitation (only center AF point).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bd0r8M9sMc

If Nikon managed to make this work very well 7 years ago, why wouldn't they succeed 7 years later with ALL AF options?

Kindest regards,
Stany
Stany Buyle

Re: The F mount adapter quality will be the key part…

Post by Stany Buyle »

Iliah Borg wrote:Dear Stany:Here is a potential catch, it may be read not as all F-mount lenses, but "F-Mount NIKKOR lenses that are part of the Nikon digital-SLR system". It leaves me wondering if older manual lenses are supported.
So, yes, I need to know exactly what lenses are compatible, and what are the limitations. More, I think Nikon are in need to enable manufacturing of high quality EOS adapter. I use dSLRs a lot (having also full m4/3 and ILCE/ILCA systems), and one of the reasons is night vision. EVF is not helping to preserve it.
Hi Iliah,
Thanks for your reaction.

I think the latest teaser hints an answer to your question...

Kindest regards,
Stany
Stany Buyle

The F mount adapter FOR FREE in you buy Z6 ànd Z7...

Post by Stany Buyle »

On the Chinese photo forum "xitek" there is written today:
刚和LCE分店经理聊天,他说显然星期四会是非常令人兴奋的一天。

当购买这两台相机时转接环基本是免费,而转接环让400多支镜头兼容,包括所有电子和机械光圈的镜头。

传感器会比D850要好,因为光电二极管的构造和获取光线的方式。而新镜头会有菲涅耳元素,因而“有效光圈”会更大。比如我 ...
But, TMHO, with a USD3000-4000 difference in the translation :D

Google translation:
Just chatting with the LCE branch manager, he said that obviously Thursday will be a very exciting day.

The adapter ring is basically free when you purchase both cameras, and the adapter ring is compatible with more than 400 lenses, including all electronic and mechanical aperture lenses.

The sensor will be better than the D850 because of the construction of the photodiode and the way it gets light. The new lens will have Fresnel elements, so the "effective aperture" will be larger. like me ...
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe