Hello world!

I this section you can introduce yourself, post invitations and more...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

jhaas
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Hello world!

Post by jhaas »

Hey all,
I am 36 years old photo enthusiast from Finland, country of thousand lakes.
At the moment i own d700 and 50/1,4 nikkor only, changed my d200 and 17-55 and 70-200 to get d700, so i am back to basics with gear now.
I gladly followed Stanys kind invitation and hope know many new photographers from this nice forum, also bit bored to dpreviews spirit at the moment, hope you guys can make me improve at this fine hobby of mine...

Cheers, Jhaas a.k.a Jussi

ps:feel free to give me feed-back from my small gallerie

http://www.pbase.com/fellowsphotography
pam.meier

Re: Hello world!

Post by pam.meier »

Hi Jussi, welcome to the forum!

Think of Leica users, some of them own no more than one lens for all their life ;)
When I venture out with my D3 I usually take the AF-S 60 micro Nikkor with me. My favorite lens. Would love to try the new AF-S 50/1.4, but I don´t dare, I might buy it and my lens budget for the year 2009 is already depleted (so is my DSLR body and compact camera budget).

Yes, dpreview can be a bore these days. I don´t like their politics of banning images to the gallery section. Most of the threads contain technical information, I sometimes have a feeling, there are mostly physicists and engineers around ;)

Pam
jhaas
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by jhaas »

Thanks Pam,
any good source of information about your mainwork?...retouching, or have you learned all by trying and making mistakes?
would be very nice to see your gallery,cause this is all about photography for me now on... no more reading who has the biggest and best....camera offcourse!

jhaas
pam.meier

Post by pam.meier »

Hi Jussi,

there is a gallery on the main page of this forum. On the left hand there is a rectangle to be clicked.
My main work is graphic design. I started out with book publishing, worked for newspapers and started image processing. Later I bought a DSLR (a Nikon D100) and decided I wanted to do photography on a professional base. And ever since then I have been learning - yes by trial and error, along with reading good instructional books.

Pam