Greetings from Greenland

I this section you can introduce yourself, post invitations and more...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Duplo
AFFILIATED MEMBER
Active Member?: No
Post pictures?: No

Greetings from Greenland

Post by Duplo »

Hi All,

I Guess it is time that I finally give in and check out this forum too :)

Anyway, My name is Thomas and I am a freelance photog working out of the Greenlandic Capital, Nuuk.

Photography wise I do quite a lot of stuff:
Landscape photography has always been and still is a passion of mine and I have been blessed with some surrounding that are absolutely stunning and with auroras gracing us with their amazing displays, whenever the sky is clear.

Photography wise I do a lot of stuff, Outdoor assignments are what I love and the more extreme the better, I only feel fully alive hanging of the edge of a speeding dogsled getting a shot, off the rear of a speeding snowmobile, hiking for days to reach the Inland Ice, Sailing a tiny boat among icebergs the size of small islands, or nearly being burried in Icecubes the size of family houses try to get that glacier shot :)
The arctic climate and the winter in particular is where I feel at home. often working for hours or days in temperatures that will make the inside of a freezer look warm and cozy :)

Cover a fair amount of corporate events and does an odd portrait job every now and then, but it is my outdoor and travel photography that makes me feel truly alive.

I am looking forward to see what this forum is all about:)
Thomas
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"
photoforfun
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: Greetings from Greenland

Post by photoforfun »

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for joining. I'm looking foreward to some of your great landscapes from Greenland...
Kindest regards, Stany
I prefer one really good picture in a day over 10 bad ones in a second... http://www.fotografie.fr/
Leen Koper
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Post by Leen Koper »

Strange hobbies you have... ;-)
Welcome to the forum, I am eager to see the images of the landscape of Greenland, a rather unknown territory to me.
ChrisBergstrom
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by ChrisBergstrom »

Welcome Duplo! I think you're going to like this site a lot. I want to visit Greenland someday too. How's the weather right now?

Chris
Duplo
AFFILIATED MEMBER
Active Member?: No
Post pictures?: No

Post by Duplo »

Stany, Leen and Chris,

Thank you soo much for the warm welcomes.
Since writing the welcome post i have been travelling more or less non stop in Europe, so my apologies for being a litlte slow on the replies.

Stany and Leen, I have a couple of introductionary photoposts lined up, nothing groundbreaking, but just to introduce myself with what really matters, the images:)

Chris, weather is somewhat a disappointment.
My plan was to spend the weekend on my snowboard, but weather has so far not permitted it to happen.
Otherwise we are in the early spring season, leasurely temperatures just around 0C and some VERY long days again.

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys.
Thomas
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"
Vincent De Vos
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by Vincent De Vos »

Goodafternoon Mr. Thomas,
I'm happy you joined this forum, your pictures from Greenland are simply amazing. I'm looking foreward to see some more...
Passioned by beautiful pictures, not a very active photographer though...
Regards,
Vincent

PS I use google translate a lot to write better English. So, if mistake, I's google, not me. ;)