Hi from Washington D.C.

I this section you can introduce yourself, post invitations and more...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Rich Gibson
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Hi from Washington D.C.

Post by Rich Gibson »

Hello. My name is Rich Gibson. I came across this web site while reading posts at DPReview.com. I read Stany's comments on the 70-300VRII and came to look at the shots. This appears to be a very friendly site with lots of interesting information and images. I was pleased to see a welcome for Iliah Borg. I've known him for years through DPReview; he has helped me several times with monitor calibration and NearUniWB. He possesses an impressive knowledge of digital computing and lens technology.

I've been a moderator at www.Nikoncafe.com for five years and have lurked about at DPReview since around 2000. My original Digital Camera was a Ricoh RD-2, as I recall, it had all of .7 megapixels. :lol: Currently I own a D3, D700 and a D90 and several lenses, mostly zoom. I don't use the D3 very much as the D700 is easier to handle. I use the D90 as a backup on travel. In 2006 I switched over to the Mac, although I use Parallels and vmWare for Windows on my Macs. My favorite post processing software is Lightroom (now 2.7). I am using LR3 Beta 2 and can't wait for its release. I also use Photoshop CS3; I'll upgrade to CS5 in order to get the content aware capability. I have some wonderful shots from my travel which have ugly power lines in them; the new CS5 upgrade should fix those shots..

By coincidence my wife and I are spending a holiday starting 10 May in Paris. I've been to France in the late 1960's when I was in the Navy but never to Paris. There are so many sights to see I imagine I'll fill up my hard drive.

Glad to be here!
ADeVos
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: Hi from Washington D.C.

Post by ADeVos »

Hi Rich. Welcome. Any pictures coming?
Do you have a gallerie?
Greetings from Belgium
Andre
Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Re: Hi from Washington D.C.

Post by Stany Buyle »

Hi Rich,
Thanks for joining.
Like Andre I'm looking foreward to see some masterpiece pictures made by you as well... ;)
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe