D800 to be announced within 12 weeks from now.

New cameras, lenses, accessories and software and news about photography related events.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

DiederikVP
AFFILIATED MEMBER

D800 to be announced within 12 weeks from now.

Post by DiederikVP »

I have this information from one reliable source.
Former information from same source: D700 recent price discounts as another sign.
pam.meier

Re: D800 to be announced within 12 weeks from now.

Post by pam.meier »

Any information on the specs? It will probably have the 24 MP sensor, Iliah Borg has hinted at.
DiederikVP
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by DiederikVP »

According to the info from my source D800 WILL have a pop up flash ... :D :lol:
D800 will look very similar to D700...
No reliable info on Mp (yet) with exception that it will not carry the D3s sensor...
Improved movie mode...
pam.meier

Post by pam.meier »

As much as I would love to have the D3s sensor in a D700 body I understand that Mpix need to be increased or else Nikon will stay behind.
So let´s see how many Mpix it will be. 24 would sound a little much, but who knows ...
DiederikVP
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by DiederikVP »

Expecting to know exact D800 sensor information around Feb 25th, perhaps even earlier.
Got another message there will be more in March 2011 from Nikon...
Hope I won't be fired by then... :oops:
Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Post by Stany Buyle »

DiederikVP wrote:Expecting to know exact D800 sensor information around Feb 25th, perhaps even earlier.Got another message there will be more in March 2011 from Nikon...Hope I won't be fired by then... :oops:
Any news already :?: After what I read on other fora D800 won't be there in March... :oops: :roll:
Hope "they" are all wrong and you were/are right. No offence meant of course.
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
Leen Koper

Post by Leen Koper »

Stany, why would you need anything that might be an improvement of the D700? OK, larger DR I can understand, but what else might be worth any investment?
12 Megapixels is more than enough, noise isn't a problem any more and high ISO is catered for. :lol:
James

Post by James »

A mini robot to carry the camera around, compose the shot and press the shutter at the appropriate time...

:D

Joking aside though I'm thinking of coming back to Nikon soon as I have more sports photography projects coming up and Sony just don't seem to "get it", but the Nikon hi res is far too costly for me! If the D800/D700x was the D3x (so pretty much the same sensor as my a900) I'd probably jump back next month and get a D3s and D800 and hope I didn't lose too much on my year with Sony!

The only guys that seem to have it in terms of bodies and lenses are Canon but I have an irrational dislike of Canon - I really don't know why that is, other than guessing that it's my experience of their entry level dSLRs.
Leen Koper

Post by Leen Koper »

Please, Diederik, would you be so kind as to inform your reliable source that it is allready week #13? :D
DiederikVP
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by DiederikVP »

Leen Koper wrote:Please, Diederik, would you be so kind as to inform your reliable source that it is allready week #13? :D
Leen,
I don't think there are reasons to use this( :D ) smily in relation to Japan nowadays...
Probably you're not aware- :? -, but there happened something very sad over there :cry: . The world is bigger than Holland...
About D800 release info, I do not have any idea if there is a relation with the disaster or if my source has been misinformed.
What I do know though is that all FX cameras were assembled in Sendai, and I believe Sendai is not very far from Fukushima(I guess less than 60 miles)...
I would not be amazed if one day Nikon FX camera production is moved to Thailand or elsewhere...
Leen Koper

Post by Leen Koper »

Of course I am aware of the problems Japan faces today. I doubted about my posting, but still thought it to be good fun.

However, I like the idea of you that Nikon might move production of FX cameras to other countries like Thailand. Production is often moved away to countries with lower labour costs. Combined with the unevitable risk of new earth quakes happening again in the future this might be playing an important role for the future of the company
pam.meier

Post by pam.meier »

It was said that production would be back to near-normal in fall. It´s so sad what happened to Japan, but still the world is waiting for their wonderful photographic products (no, I don´t feel obliged to buy Leica, even though I find the S2 very exciting).