Nikon launches V2 compact on October 24th

New cameras, lenses, accessories and software and news about photography related events.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Nikon launches V2 compact on October 24th

Post by Stany Buyle »

From to the latest copy of the Chasseur d'Images magazine( :arrow: ) Nikon will launch the Nikon1 - V2 on October 24th.
An Aptina 10.1Mpx sensor with better video and better low light performance than the V1.

According to the same article the V2 has been presented already to important Nikon dealers during the Photokina event, not to the public, neither to the press though... :shock:

The V2 will be present for the public at the "Salon de la photo" which will be held in Paris from 8 to 12 November 2012.

:arrow: If someone wants to read the article where I refer to: Chasseur d'Images N° 348-November 2012 -page 12: "Le V2 remplace le V1!".

:idea: What might be the most attractive on the V2 launch is that there will be big promotions to sell the last V1s

Kindest regards,
Stany
DiederikVP
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: Nikon launches V2 compact on October 24th

Post by DiederikVP »

I don't believe in Nikon 1. Nikon is lagging far behind in mirror less cameras.
J1 -> J2 was just a refresh, if V1 ->V2 is nothing more, it won't sell.
Among compacts, I would take a fix lens Canon G15 over a Nikon V1 anytime.
Stany Buyle

Chasseur d'Images was VERY wrong this time...

Post by Stany Buyle »

Totally contrary to what Chasseur d'Images wrote in their November edition, V2 is a very different camera than V1
The specifications are tempting, very tempting rather than a lame refresh...

If I would be at the Chasseur redaction, I would be :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

pam.meier

Post by pam.meier »

Well, Nikon decided on the 1" sensor. I think I understand why they thought that the target group of upgrading compact camera users would have more advantages with it than with bigger sensors. Advanced users who want to play with Bokeh a lot will probably look for APS-C and FX cameras.

The Sony NEX system struggles with lens size and performance, APS-C is already too big I guess for a really compact camera. But people seem to want small cameras.
antonmuller
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by antonmuller »

Well I, for one, am rarher sold on the Nikon 1 system : very light and versatile, top lenses at reasonable prices and, in good light, image quality is very high...