In relation to the probable 24Mp D3X announcement...

New cameras, lenses, accessories and software and news about photography related events.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

photoforfun
AFFILIATED MEMBER

In relation to the probable 24Mp D3X announcement...

Post by photoforfun »

...Which is mentioned by some reliable sources on december 1st, ...I guess this time many will wait for the 24Mp in D700 alike body...
Nearly a year ago my wife surprised me with a D3. Eventhough I liked it very much, I would have liked better that sensor in a D300 alike body... After a little adventure with D300 because of the smaller/ligther body and built in flash, I returned 4-5 weeks later to D3 because of overall IQ eventhough I was sure a FX sensor in a D300 body would be released soon... In june I finally had what I wanted, D700... Total cost of back and foreward: approx 1500 euros..., very much money...
With the very probable release of the 24 Mp FX sensor in a D3 alike body, eventhough very attractive and very probably with movie mode(which I like), I won't bite this time while I'm about sure that a 24Mp sensore in a D700 alike body will follow soon, with movie mode as well in order to compete with Canon 5DMII. And I believe many more people think the same way...
Kindest regards, Stany
I prefer one really good picture in a day over 10 bad ones in a second... http://www.fotografie.fr/