How many have either the 5DII or D3x on their list?

New cameras, lenses, accessories and software and news about photography related events.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

DavidLake
AFFILIATED MEMBER

How many have either the 5DII or D3x on their list?

Post by DavidLake »

I will be getting a D3x asap. Then I can really see what that Nikkor 14-24 can do :)
(NPS, WPPI, PPA)
pam.meier

Re: How many have either the 5DII or D3x on their list?

Post by pam.meier »

I couldn´t wait for the D3X and picked up a Sony A900.
But I can´t wait for Nikon users reporting their first impressions.
Monday will be some day ...
Guy Van Hooveld
Active Member?: No
Post pictures?: No

Post by Guy Van Hooveld »

I'll wait a little bit. I am very happy with the bodies I am using now, but I really would like a high resolution camera with a 10MP crop mode, it will all depend on the price and the high ISO performance (I don't expect D3 performance, but D300-like ISO performance would be very nice)...

I am definitely interested in the D3x, but I first want to see the actual performance. The 5DII is not really the ideal camera for me, because I really want top performance and all round capabilities and there are a few limitations in the 5D making it less versatile for my kind of photography (AF system, no DX mode, no weather sealing, no integrated grip).
Guy Van Hooveld
Nikon equipment, semi-pro photographer My website http://www.techniphoto.com My wiki http://www.techniphoto.com/wiki
janisbg
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by janisbg »

Not me. I will wait for D700X. For landscape shooting I do not need a camera which is built like a tank, has fast frame rate, excellent hi-ISO performance and phenomenal battery life. I am more interested in more compact and light camera. Every oz matters if you carry camera and lenses all day ;-)
But when I will go to shoot events D3 will still be my choice.
D3X just have features I do not need and I do not want to pay for it :)
Guy Van Hooveld

Post by Guy Van Hooveld »

About the D3x:
After the price has been made public, I knew that I would not get one. The price is so ridiculous that I might go for the Sony and a few lenses for half the price...
Nikon just completely missed the introduction. Michael Reichmann cancelled his order, Ken Rockwell (this time I agree with him) is laughing at Nikon, and Thom Hogan also confirms this is a major marketing mistake with such a ridiculous price...
Guy Van Hooveld
Nikon equipment, semi-pro photographer My website http://www.techniphoto.com My wiki http://www.techniphoto.com/wiki
photoforfun
AFFILIATED MEMBER

For Guy//Re: How many have either the 5DII or D3x on their l

Post by photoforfun »

Guy Van Hooveld wrote:About the D3x:
After the price has been made public, I knew that I would not get one. The price is so ridiculous that I might go for the Sony and a few lenses for half the price...
Nikon just completely missed the introduction. Michael Reichmann cancelled his order, Ken Rockwell (this time I agree with him) is laughing at Nikon, and Thom Hogan also confirms this is a major marketing mistake with such a ridiculous price...
Hi Guy,
I totally agree, I'm lurking myself to a Canon 5DMkII... It has incredibly improvements against the Canon 5D and it has some very tempting features like auto iso in combination with the focal lenght, silent mode(which isn't really "silent"), 21Mp with a weak AA filter and a great movie mode... It only lacks a PUFlash(for me)... One more reason lurking back to Canon is the 24-105 IS F4. It was the lens I liked the best of all lzoomsI had until now, tack sharp, great stabilisation, very fast AF, compact and a nice focal range...
From the today release I was expecting whether something spectacular, whether a D3 with a 24MpSony chip @ around 4500-4995euro. 6999€ for an upgraded D3 (Audiophil price) is really too much... Upto that, the least they could have done is put a movie mode inside, the microphone is there...
Kindest regards, Stany
I prefer one really good picture in a day over 10 bad ones in a second... http://www.fotografie.fr/
DavidLake
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by DavidLake »

pam.meier wrote:I couldn´t wait for the D3X and picked up a Sony A900.
But I can´t wait for Nikon users reporting their first impressions.
Monday will be some day ...
And what glass did you get to go with it. Did you buy a flash too. Seems like the same money spent when you are all done.

Though, in like 5 years Sony will rule this market like every other - JK :)
(NPS, WPPI, PPA)