Nikon upgrades my Picturetown

About Nikon cameras(Film, coolpix, DSLR and Nikon mirrorless "Z"), lenses, accessories, links and firmware updates and sample pictures.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Nikon upgrades my Picturetown

Post by Stany Buyle »

From the Nikon website:
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the latest version of my Picturetown (http://mypicturetown.com), Nikon's image sharing and storage service, with a host of new functions.

This latest version provides greater collaboration with Facebook, allowing users to post links to shared albums directly to Facebook, use their list of Facebook friends to send links to shared albums, and post to or play Motion Snapshot* files from Facebook. Motion Snapshot is a feature that proposes a new form of imaging expression. It is built into Nikon's latest advanced cameras with interchangeable lenses, the Nikon 1 J1 and V1. In addition, new functions have been added for Gold Account members (those currently paying a fee for additional storage space), including one that allows users to password protect shared albums.

*In Motion Snapshot mode, simply pressing the shutter-release button records a still image and about a second of high-resolution, slow-motion movie footage beginning before and ending after the time the shutter-release button was pressed. With playback of movie footage at 0.4x normal speed, the still image, and background music, Motion Snapshot allows users to express impressive moments that show slight changes in expression, the entertaining actions of children or pets, the rustling of tree leaves, or fluctuations in nature.
In August of last year, Nikon celebrated the fourth anniversary of the my Picturetown service. With the development of new functions and services, and improvements to those with which members have become familiar, Nikon and my Picturetown continue to propose new ways of enjoying digital photos.
Read more :arrow: http://www.nikon.com/news/2012/0217_mypicturetown_01.htm