D800: occasional portrait at iso 3200

About Nikon cameras(Film, coolpix, DSLR and Nikon mirrorless "Z"), lenses, accessories, links and firmware updates and sample pictures.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

D800: occasional portrait at iso 3200

Post by Stany Buyle »

Picture taken in relative lowlight (60 watt bulb at 3 meters) at iso 3200.
D800 and 70-200 handhold at 145mm, F2.8, 1/30 sec, spot, AWB, standard setting.
Comments and critics are welcome...

Full exif:

Thanks for your attention and kindest regards,
Stany
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
:!: :idea: :?: If you have questions, thoughts, your own findings, critiques or remarks related to this or other topics on this forum: Join this forum starting by your registration now!! Everybody is welcome. :D Read about how to make a registration here.
Sincerely yours,
Rita B, site owner.
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
ReneJanssen-BE

Re: D800: occasional portrait at iso 3200

Post by ReneJanssen-BE »

Stany,
This is a nice portrait, and for a handheld picture with the heavy weight 70-200VR II it is razor sharp.
I like especially the nice bokeh on the background and the slightly shadow on the left side of het face.
The shadow on the notebook, is it from a backlight you did use, or even the flash of the D800 ???
The skin of your daughter looks a little bit Yellow to me, you did not correct the auto White balance??
But after all you see again what a perfectt lens this 70-200VR II is especially in combination with the D800 it is great.
Regards and we speak each other soon again.
René Janssen
Stany Buyle

Post by Stany Buyle »

Rene,
Thanks for the input. I tried to change WB a bit...
Kindest regards, Stany
Second try:

original:
ReneJanssen-BE

Post by ReneJanssen-BE »

Stany,
The second one, with the adjusted WB I Like much more, colors are warmer and more into the rest of the color spectrum of you picture!!
But..................this is only my opinion.
Regards
René
pam.meier

Post by pam.meier »

Hi Stany, I have been comparing the Sony A77 with the Nikon D800 at higher ISO values and it is incredible, how well the A800 holds up.
No noise visible to my eye at 3200. So in your portrait of your lovely daughter I cannot see any problem at all.
James

Post by James »

Hi Stany,

Lovely portrait and beautiful girl! I was going to say the same about the white balance, it all looked a little too yellow, it hardly looks any different with the second version but at the same time it looks so much better.

Thanks for sharing what this camera can do!
Stany Buyle

Thanks Pam and James!

Post by Stany Buyle »

pam.meier wrote:Hi Stany, I have been comparing the Sony A77 with the Nikon D800 at higher ISO values and it is incredible, how well the A800 holds up.
No noise visible to my eye at 3200. So in your portrait of your lovely daughter I cannot see any problem at all.
Thanks Pam.
James wrote:Hi Stany, Lovely portrait and beautiful girl! I was going to say the same about the white balance, it all looked a little too yellow, it hardly looks any different with the second version but at the same time it looks so much better. Thanks for sharing what this camera can do!
thanks James!
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe