First D800 PJ image in De Standaard newspaper?

About Nikon cameras(Film, coolpix, DSLR and Nikon mirrorless "Z"), lenses, accessories, links and firmware updates and sample pictures.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Dodi
AFFILIATED MEMBER
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

First D800 PJ image in De Standaard newspaper?

Post by Dodi »

Of course I can't be sure, but I think this picture may very well be the first PJ image made with D800 appearing in De Standaard. I already had a few in Het Nieuwsblad before too, being a freelance reporter for the Corelio group. I made the entire May 1 coverage in Gent with the D800, very pleased with the results. If there is no fast action or very low light, I prefer by now already the D800 over my D3s for press. Processing takes a little longer, but not outrageously longer that it would jeopardize deadlines either. For newspaper use, I downsize the images by 50%.

This was the image De Standaard used for the 1 may article

_DSC3241wfb by Dominique Dierick, on Flickr

I liked this one too, quite funny, the mayor of Gent in the May 1 parade. Called it 'The Termont Girls'. By chance the men got briefly behind in the group, and the window of the shop did the rest :)

_DSC3125fb by Dominique Dierick, on Flickr
Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Re: First D800 PJ image in De Standaard newspaper?

Post by Stany Buyle »

Hi Dominique,
Saw your group shot in the standard (The Standard is my homepage)
Great images, very professional final touch with exactly the sharpness and contrast they need. Congratulations!

Freya VDB is such a charming, sexy, beautiful lady... :o

Do I see a Segelène Royal lookalike next to Mr. Termond?
Vincent De Vos
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: First D800 PJ image in De Standaard newspaper?

Post by Vincent De Vos »

Mooie foto's... :D
Passioned by beautiful pictures, not a very active photographer though...
Regards,
Vincent

PS I use google translate a lot to write better English. So, if mistake, I's google, not me. ;)