Replacement for D7000?

About Nikon cameras(Film, coolpix, DSLR and Nikon mirrorless "Z"), lenses, accessories, links and firmware updates and sample pictures.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Leen Koper
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Replacement for D7000?

Post by Leen Koper »

According to Nikon rumors there might be a replacement of the Nikon D7000 coming. This week there will be a press meeting in Thailand (I supposed your week begins at Sunday... ;-) )

What will it bring? More than 16mp? My present D7000 brings me more than enough. More frames per second? I am only using single shot. Cleaner at high ISO? Come on, I have in the film era worked with film of no more than ISO 400.

The only thing -in my opinion- they should improve is the focussing system. A touch screen might be the solution for the often ocurring -at least to me- misfocussing.
Stany Buyle

Re: Replacement for D7000?

Post by Stany Buyle »

Hi Leen,
I hope it has a tilt/swift LCD. That's something I miss on my D800 for certain panorama and macro shooting situations.
Kindest regards,
Stany
Leen Koper

Post by Leen Koper »

I agree. A tilt and swivel LCD should be built into every camera. Especially in pro ones while nowadays it is usualy built into the cheapest models instead. But maybe I don't understand the philosophy behind designing cameras....
It reminds me again of my dearly missed cameras for roll films with a ground glass. I still have problems with looking through a viewfinder when doing portraiture.
Leen Koper

Post by Leen Koper »

It is here.
As expected: 24mpx
Unexpected: no low pass filter.