If you really need to use it...

About Nikon cameras(Film, coolpix, DSLR and Nikon mirrorless "Z"), lenses, accessories, links and firmware updates and sample pictures.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

DavidLake
AFFILIATED MEMBER

If you really need to use it...

Post by DavidLake »

The D3 can pull off some magical shots at ridiculously high ISO. Really we are so spoiled, its just silly what we can get away with now :)

iso-25,600 - color PP

iso-25,600 - b&w PP

Both completely usable shots. Not iso1600 good, but seriously how is it even this good!

iso-12,800 - color PP

iso-12,800 - b&w PP

I know, you don't believe that these are iso12,800. Neither did I after a little clean up in LR &CS3.

OK, your turn to see some high ISO goodies. Nothing lower than iso3200 qualifies...
(NPS, WPPI, PPA)
pam.meier

Re: If you really need to use it...

Post by pam.meier »

Hi David, outstanding shots! What I find more remarkable than the fact that these are almost noise-free is the natural colors.
Usually lesser cameras mess up colors badly beyond 800 ISO I think.

Oh, on another note that Bat Mitwzah girl really likes casual ways of sitting ;)
DavidLake
AFFILIATED MEMBER

I really think you can get away with too much :)

Post by DavidLake »

The iso12800 shot is completely decent. Since this is equivalent to iso200-400 from most P&S cameras, people (clients) will likely not even notice the slight residual noise after PP. Though my beloved Panny LX3 looks this good at iso1600 with the same processing for NR.
(NPS, WPPI, PPA)