Nikon Df

About Nikon cameras(Film, coolpix, DSLR and Nikon mirrorless "Z"), lenses, accessories, links and firmware updates and sample pictures.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Nikon Df

Post by Stany Buyle »

From the Nikon Website:
November 5, 2013

The fusion of responsive, intuitive dial operation and "flagship D4 image quality" in the smallest and lightest FX-format body

TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the Df, a Nikon FX-format digital SLR camera.

The Df combines intuitive, worry-free dial operation with superior image quality over ... read more
Specifications:

Leen Koper

Re: Nikon Df

Post by Leen Koper »

Finally! At last we 've got a camera that does what it should do: making photos! No more video, just stills!
Stany Buyle

Post by Stany Buyle »

Leen Koper wrote:Finally! At last we 've got a camera that does what it should do: making photos! No more video, just stills!
Hi Leen,
You will buy one?

Kindest regards,
Stany
Leen Koper

Post by Leen Koper »

I am -still one month- a professional photographer and with that in mind I would say no, I would not. As someone who loves photography and Nikon gear, I would definitely say YES!!!!
"Unfortunately" I just used Nikon because it has the same bayonet mount as my former Fuji S2, S3 and S5, so my commitment to Nikon is rather limited and all my Nikon gear is for sale as I will retire; I bought myself into a Panasonic system because of the weight.
\
But, it is an extremely desirable gadget! And just an expensive statement that you don't do any video!
Stany Buyle

Post by Stany Buyle »

Leen Koper wrote:...But, it is an extremely desirable gadget! And just an expensive statement that you don't do any video!
Hi Leen,
I don't understand some users who are allergic to the video feature of modern dslr. It's there, if you don't want it, nobody obliges you to use it...
Kindest regards,
Stany
Leen Koper

Post by Leen Koper »

I'm just allergic to video on cameras.
One has to use a video camera for video and a 'normal' camera for still images. I know it is apart from what the crowd knows or thinks, but luckily I am not the only one.
I don't know why, it just annoys me each time I see on TV a SLR used for video purposes. ;)

But it is not a very serious disease to me. :lol:
Stany Buyle

Post by Stany Buyle »

Leen Koper wrote:...I don't know why, it just annoys me each time I see on TV a SLR used for video purposes. ;)
The shallow DOF with DSLRs doing video opened new opportunities for movie makers. "House" was entirely done with Canon 5MkII...
I don't know anything about video making, but -with any tool- I like to have more possibilities than what I use.
My phone can take nice pictures and do great video(If you know how to...), not just for phoning... I like that.
My hammer is made to hit nails, but it was very creative with my fingers already... :lol:

The movie button on my D800 never bothered me... I just don't use it.

Kindest regards,
Stany
FritsDeVries
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Nikon Df is...

Post by FritsDeVries »

...much too expensive for what it is.
Finally it's a crippled D610 with nice retro look.
GuidoDeVolder-BE
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: Nikon Df is...

Post by GuidoDeVolder-BE »

FritsDeVries wrote:...much too expensive for what it is.
Finally it's a crippled D610 with nice retro look.
Sorry to disagree...
Nikon Df is fantastic, and not that expensive for what it is.
Humanity Is Insane.