D610 or D750

About Nikon cameras(Film, coolpix, DSLR and Nikon mirrorless "Z"), lenses, accessories, links and firmware updates and sample pictures.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Roland-BE
AFFILIATED MEMBER

D610 or D750

Post by Roland-BE »

For family and kids, indoor-outdoor.
Is D750 better in lowlight-high iso than D610?
For kids action, AF differences?
Which lens for smooth AF in video mode?

Thanks.
Greetings,
Roland
Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Re: D610 or D750

Post by Stany Buyle »

RolandDeSmedt-BE wrote:For family and kids, indoor-outdoor.
Is D750 better in lowlight-high iso than D610?
For kids action, AF differences?
Which lens for smooth AF in video mode?
Thanks.
Hi Roland,
D750 is definitely a better camera than D610. For photography, D750 AF is simply amazing. At high iso, both D610 and D750 are outstanding.
Nikon isn't ready with DSLR and smooth video AF. If smooth video autofocus is important you might go the Canon road, or even (much)better: :arrow: Panasonic GH4. Top for video and very good for stills.
Leen Koper can advice you on that, he is a professional and multiple award winning wedding photographer, sold all his Nikon gear and he went Panasonic for reasons of size and weight and :idea: he is regularly on this forum...
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
Stany Buyle

Panasonic LX100 Is probably what you need...

Post by Stany Buyle »

Hi Roland!
Panasonic LX100 Is probably what you need. I tested one yesterday at Art & Craft and it's incredibly good. Leica alike aperture ring and blazing fast AF (never seen this in a compact before)
It has 4K video for in case you would progress in video. Photo quality is fantastic compared to a Panasonic GH-1 I reviewed a couple of years ago, colours are much better. Software Silkypix CD for RAW processing is in the box.
Another thing is the very good macro ability of this camera.
Last but not least, F1.7 till F2.8 at the long end.
In case you would purchase this camera, for technical support or questions Leen Koper on this forum would help you, he is very common with Panasonic settings, IQ and raw file PP.

PS: Do you come to the Belgian Championships in January 2015? Be my guest and bring your wife with you, Rita is there as well.
Regards,
Stany
Leen Koper

Re: D610 or D750

Post by Leen Koper »

I am not an expert, although Stany insists on mentioning me this way. :D . I am just a retired Dutch professional photographer that loves photography a lot.

I haven't held the LX100, but as far as I've read it is a remarkable step forward, both in price and quality for a camera like that.
At the moment I think Panasonic is one of the leading manufacturers when it comes to the combination of quality, price and ergonomics for the majority of the advanced amateurs and a lot of professionals who don't need the features of the top ranked Nikon or Canon cameras. If I had known the weight advantage and the image quality of Panasonic cameras before I would have switched earlier from Nikon to Panasonic; that is the way I think of it today.

You should be aware of this: I am not a fan of any make; this preference is based on my personal experience and not on test reports or hearsay.