D500 delayed release date in Europe

About Nikon cameras(Film, coolpix, DSLR and Nikon mirrorless "Z"), lenses, accessories, links and firmware updates and sample pictures.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

AA2
AFFILIATED MEMBER
Active Member?: No
Post pictures?: No

D500 delayed release date in Europe

Post by AA2 »

For those who think they will have their D500 this week (Stany?), I have some bad news.
There is a delay for D500 availability in Europe.
One of the reasons is this: Japan quakes disrupt Sony production of image sensors
Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Re: D500 delayed release date in Europe

Post by Stany Buyle »

:evil: :( :evil: :( :evil: :( :evil: :( :evil:
Can you please tell me if I'm going to have it before May 6? Absolutely need 2 bodies that day, sold my D750 under while...
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
AA2
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by AA2 »

StanyB wrote::evil: :( :evil: :( :evil: :( :evil: :( :evil:
Can you please tell me if I'm going to have it before May 6? Absolutely need 2 bodies that day, sold my D750 under while...
Non confirmed estimation: min 3 weeks from now.
AA2
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by AA2 »

Shipment of limited quantities on April 25-28.
More info about the impact of the Kumamoto earthquakes on camera production on the Nikon website.
-----------------------------------------------------------
moderator note:
From the Nikon website:
Update on digital camera release
April 20, 2016
The effects of the 2016 Kumamoto earthquakes

The suppliers of parts for Nikon products such as digital cameras with interchangeable lenses, interchangeable lenses, and compact digital cameras, which include those mentioned above, were affected by the series of earthquakes that started on April 14 in Kumamoto Prefecture in Japan, and this will inevitably impact our production and sales.
We are currently investigating the situation, and we will announce the details as soon as they are confirmed.

We sincerely apologize to our customers, business partners and all those who have expressed interest in these models for the delays. We are making every effort to bring these models to market at the earliest possible date without compromising on our standards and the total Nikon product experience.
DiederikVP
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Not only in Europe...

Post by DiederikVP »

According to this topic on dpreview the problem is on a larger scale than just Europe or just D500...