VR on wide angle lenses...Yes!!! and some thoughts...

About Nikon cameras(Film, coolpix, DSLR and Nikon mirrorless "Z"), lenses, accessories, links and firmware updates and sample pictures.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

VR on wide angle lenses...Yes!!! and some thoughts...

Post by Stany Buyle »

When I was writing approx 1 1/2 year ago on Dpreview that I returned my 24-70 F2.8 partly because it doesn't have VR(next to the nasty lens shade it was producing until 42mm while using my D700' PUFlash) I got nearly crusified...
All kind of explanations were given why VR doesn't make sense in wide angles, some of the explanations were looking very technical but I respectfully disagreed...

Now a 16-35 came out with VR, I couldn't be happier and the results while using the VR are very good... :D :D :D
  • I agree, it's only F4... but who shoots landscape @ F2.8? Nobody.
  • Who shoots landscape handheld? 80-90% of the users, with among them also those users who would like to use a tripod all the time but sometimes there is no occasion for a tripod.
    Just imagine installing your tripod while hanging on the mountain side of the Mount Erverest ;) ... The VR will help to catch that gorgeous view though...
Today it's a F4 wide angle, I'm convinced that somewhen "tomorrow", and earlier than some might think-, a 24-70F2.8 AF-S VR will be released... I hope by Nikon...

Just my thoughts... Your comments and thoughts are welcome.

----------------------------------------------------------
If you would like to join this young forum, everybody is welcome!, just not anonymous.

You can read how to join this forum here.

We would be very happy to activate your registration.

Kindest regards,
Rita & Stany B, site owner/moderator.
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe