Come on... ANYONE??? A question about video...

About Nikon cameras(Film, coolpix, DSLR and Nikon mirrorless "Z"), lenses, accessories, links and firmware updates and sample pictures.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

aclphoto
AFFILIATED MEMBER
Active Member?: No
Post pictures?: No

Come on... ANYONE??? A question about video...

Post by aclphoto »

Non Nikon related but it seems that more and more of my clients are wanting video along with stills. So I wanted to get the thoughts of other Nikon Still Photographers on this.

As you may know my work is mostly highschool sports and weddings.

We shoot video of highschool games and then give it to the coaches and parents (for a fee) and also shoot stills of the players in action.
During wedding season several of my brides over the past few years have asked me about video...

So we went out and bought a few Canon consumer grade camcorders and went to town... I've made almost as much in my video department as I have in my stills...

SO 3 questions...

1. is anyone else seeing this trend?
2. How are you dealing with it?
3. It's time for me to upgrade my video... I looked at the Canon XH-A1 but don't really need HD for what I do... So I've been considering the Canon GL2. Has anyone been using this (GL2) in thier business? And is it a good camera for my needs? easy to download edit burn to DVD's ect.

Any thoughts on this?

OK so that was like 7 questions... what can I say I have a bit of A.D.D

:-)
Judson Crossland
Member NPS
ACL Photo
www.aclphoto.com

Don't Fear the space between your reality and your dreams... if you can dream it... you can live it!