Hyper-Utility Software works under Win7 64bit...

About Fuji cameras, lenses, accessories, links and firmware updates and sample pictures. .

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Post by Stany Buyle »

Part 1: the buggy solution

In the early days of Windows7 64bit OS the Fuji HU-HS V3 program was one of the programs that was impossible for me to install. Strange about this was that HU sofware was working under Vista 64 bit and was still working when I did an upgrade from Vista 64 bit to Win 7 64 bit but I was unable to make HU software work or even install after a clean Win 7 install. For this reason I installed virtual PC so I could run the Fuji software in a virtual XP environment.
After the initial enthusiasm about the Virtual XP mode it became quickly a cumbersome application.
- It's very slow in the startup
- It takes over 3.5 Gb of space
- In the virtual PC map explorer you don't see the drives and maps as you called them in the main OS on your PC
- You have to install a separate internet security program license or your PC is an easy target for hackers trough your virtual XP mode
So after a while I did not use virtual PC anymore...

Now and then though I look back to some of my Fuji files and I would like to PP them in the HU program, one reason to prefer this over ACR is the ability to change the DR setting.
Because of this incompatibility I even considered to go back to XP when I bought another second hand S5pro.(which I sold under while)

Today, -wonders happen- ;) , I tried once more to install the Hyper-Utility Software HS-V3 Version 1.1a software under my Win 7 64 bit and... It installed and the software is working flawless...
I guess it works now because of some automatic updates for Win 7 64bit which came under while...
Anyhow, HU software works again and I'm happy about that.
Under while I uninstalled the virtual PC feature.

Two screenshots from today:

But...

After that I tried to update the Hyper-Utility Software HS-V3 Version 1.1a to the Hyper-Utility Software HS-V3 version 1.1b, but this doesn't seem to work..
I got these messages:
Initially seems OK

An then the incompatibility warning... :(
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Post by Stany Buyle »

Part 2: the perfect solution

The best way though is like I did before and did again now:

Only disadvantage is that it costs money, while you need both a Vista 64bit license and a Win7-64 license...
  • Do a clean Vista 64bit instal (by preference with the professional or ultimate versions because of the much better backup-possibilities).
    With all MS updates
  • Install HS-HUV3 software with the to version 1.1a
  • Update to version 1.1b
  • Update from Vista 64bit to Windows7 64 bit.
  • The Fuji HS-HU V3 software works very fast and reliable under Win7 64bit, just like it is tailored for 64bit OS.
    x
    x
----------------------------------------------------------
If you would like to join this forum, everybody is welcome!, just not anonymous.
You can read how to join this forum here.

Activation to become a registered member you can do yourself just by clicking on the registration button and fill the required fields, while to become an affiliated member who can post pictures, start topics, react to other topics and have access to some supplementary information and download of original files, your initial registration has to be activated by a moderator of this board.
We would be very happy to activate your registration.
Activation of an affiliated forum member account can take upto 48 hours.

Sincerely yours,
Rita B, site owner.
----------------------------------------------------------
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe