CaptureOne software conflicting with Nikon Capture NX...

Information about Nikon Capture NX: Users experiences, updates, tutorials, links, etc...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

CaptureOne software conflicting with Nikon Capture NX...

Post by Stany Buyle »

I LOVE Nikon Capture NX software (read why here) and I did quite a bit of research why some people have tremendous problems with this great software and why some others don't have any problem... You can read my findings about this here and here...

A couple of days ago I installed a trial version of CaptureOne software and some time later the same day I wanted to work on some NEF files in Capture NX2. I crached immediatly :shock:
First I didn't realize about a possible software conflict and I restarted my PC, same story... NX2 crashed after a couple of clicks...
Re-installed Capture NX2, started and crash... This NEVER happened to me... :roll:

All of a sudden an idea :idea: , software conflict? I installed CaptureOne sofware this afternoon... :|

Uninstalled Capture software, started my PC again, ran several NEFS with hundreds of clicks, no problem anymore :D

But, I wanted to be sure, installed Capture One again, and yes, Capture NX2 crashed aside. Uninstalled Cature One, problem solved. :D
This can't be a coincident.

PS: I run Windows 7 64 bit.