ViewNX much slower now with D600 files..

Information about Nikon Capture NX: Users experiences, updates, tutorials, links, etc...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Alan Brown
AFFILIATED MEMBER

ViewNX much slower now with D600 files..

Post by Alan Brown »

Hi all

I am experiencing a lot of delay now in using the files from the D600 as opposed to those of the D700 i have used recently.

There is always a delay in zooming into whatever files I have used in the past but this is a lot more noticeable.

my pc is not cutting edge but not really slow either. E8500 Core 2 Duo 3.14Ghz) 8Gb Ram Win 8 64bit

I have heard the full Capture NX is faster.. can someone confirm this is true?

Thanks

Alan
Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Re: ViewNX much slower now with D600 files..

Post by Stany Buyle »

Hi Alan,

Several options for improvement:
Huge PC performance increase without changing PCU and MB...
Moving paging file and make Capture NX2 (and View NX) faster...
Change cache settings in View NX.

Kindest regards,
Stany
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
Alan Brown
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: ViewNX much slower now with D600 files..

Post by Alan Brown »

Thanks Stany

I had an SSD in my laptop but took it out as it was not really large enough for my needs.. it was 128Gb. I took off so much that I really want on it that it became of less real use. Even a 150Gb (doesn't exist) would have been better.

My pc needs a 256 at least.. I'm waiting for the prices to come down. They seem to have plateaued.

Thanks for the links.

I do wonder if full NX is faster.. I seem to remember that being so. I used to have the full version but an update disabled it. I was sold a version from, it seems, an un authorised dealer. They never responded to my emails.

I might try the 60 day trial.. when I get closer to my next wedding job. I really li9ked the full version.. esp the U points!

Thanks

Alan