Capture NX 2.2.4 64bit- After first one hour testing...

Information about Nikon Capture NX: Users experiences, updates, tutorials, links, etc...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Capture NX 2.2.4 64bit- After first one hour testing...

Post by Stany Buyle »

...everything seems to work perfect.

I was opeing 10-15 NEF's @ once several times and doing this again after shutting down NX2 compeltely and start up again.
Furthermore I was doing some initial RAW modifications while meanwhile 10-15 more NEF's were open .

Hope it keeps working this way, and if so, it's fantastic software...
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

What an incredible improvement...

Post by Stany Buyle »

What an incredible improvement this update does to my overall computer performance. With the former NX2 versions running on my Vista 64bit config, my PC was regularly running out of processing power when I opened other applications while working on multiple NEF files and since Win7 it sometimes crashed.
Now the overall processing speed of my PC while running CaptureNX2 2.2.4 next to several other applications the processor power use never goes over 75%...

I tested with following applications running together on an Intel Dual core 6750 with 4Gb RAM and Win7 64bit:
Photoshop
NX2 v2.2.4 with approx 15 NEF's open,
Microsoft word 2007
Windows IE8 with 8 windows open
Windows Photo Gallery
and the regular automatically opened software:

While doing that, the processor meter shows:

Before this upgrade, doing all this applications @ once, it was running to 100% and often crashing and/or blocking...
I was planning to buy a new, more powerfull PC next week but all of a sudden this doesn't seem necessary anymore...

I guess that the incompatibility with 64bit OS was the reason of the bad performance of my PC until now...

Thank you Nikon, once more...
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe