Oloneo and panoramas

Adobe Photoshop, Canon DPP, Fuji software, various image post processing software, applications, tutorials, links to tutorials and experiences from our members.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

BrianSmith
AFFILIATED MEMBER
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Oloneo and panoramas

Post by BrianSmith »

Hi, I was asked to photograph the interior of a local self catering cottage for their website and decided to do it in two ways. Way one was to use my 17-35/D3 and balance the flash with the views outside but with small rooms it can be a bit limiting if conventional.
Way two was to use my D2H and Sigma 10-20 in vertical to produce 3 image panoramas but used 7 bracketed exposures for each image, processed in Oloneo and then stitched in PS CS5.
How well do you think I did? I have yet to hear from the customer to see which style they prefered but I prefer the panoramas for the feeling of space they give. I've also included here a single row 180 degree panorama from the D3 which is the view from the cottage's patio.

Stany Buyle

Re: Oloneo and panoramas

Post by Stany Buyle »

Very nice. Does this software support 64bit OS?
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
BrianSmith
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by BrianSmith »

It's running happily and quickly on Win 7 64 Ultimate so I think, yes. I use Oloneo for speed but for the most natural results I use SNS-HDR.
I'm still learning when it comes to avoiding ghosts. I occasionally take 9 frame bracketed bursts handheld for HDR treatment and 90% of the time get away with it but occasionally I get ghosts due to imperfect alignment. I'm told the answer is to let CS5 produce aligned images and then submit them to the HDR treatment but I haven't done this yet.
Guy Van Hooveld
Active Member?: No
Post pictures?: No

Post by Guy Van Hooveld »

Very nice results. I have been using Hugin, a free software, to do hand held panoramas, with excellent results. Never tried on interior shots though. Your samples are interesting, but don't they give a false space impression? How are customers reacting to this ?
Guy Van Hooveld
Nikon equipment, semi-pro photographer My website http://www.techniphoto.com My wiki http://www.techniphoto.com/wiki
sandor
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by sandor »

If I would like to buy it, I would first ask the seller to straighten walls and floor.... :roll:
BrianSmith
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by BrianSmith »

Guy Van Hooveld wrote:Very nice results. I have been using Hugin, a free software, to do hand held panoramas, with excellent results. Never tried on interior shots though. Your samples are interesting, but don't they give a false space impression? How are customers reacting to this ?
With both the customers I used this technique on I offered them both single wide angle shots from the 17-35 and these stitched panoramas. In both cases they decided to use all the images collected into an online gallery and didn't express a preference. These properties are self catering units for holiday rent and are made to promote the comfort and amenities of the property. The curved wall panoramas would probably not be acceptable for an estate agent's brochure.
ritaB

Qualified for 2012' best topic vote

Post by ritaB »

Qualified for 2012' best topic vote

Sincerely,
RitaB