Lightroom problem?

Adobe Photoshop, Canon DPP, Fuji software, various image post processing software, applications, tutorials, links to tutorials and experiences from our members.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Leen Koper
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Lightroom problem?

Post by Leen Koper »

When I load my images into the library of Lightroom (3) some of my images seem slightly out of focus when viewed at 100%. When I bring these into the developement section, they suddenly seem to be in focus. How is that possible?
Stany Buyle

Re: Lightroom problem?

Post by Stany Buyle »

Leen Koper wrote:When I load my images into the library of Lightroom (3) some of my images seem slightly out of focus when viewed at 100%. When I bring these into the developement section, they suddenly seem to be in focus. How is that possible?
Hi Leen!
Not sure at all, just thinking loud, taking into account that someone shoots RAW, it could be that the applied in-camera sharpening is not visible in the library while (I guess) Lightroom is using an unprocessed substracted (small) jpeg like while the development section uses your full resolution image... I mean a possible difference in sharpness, not in-out of focus though...
Kindest regards,
Stany
pam.meier

Post by pam.meier »

I think, Stany is right, LR uses a small jpg from the camera (which is used to show an image on the LCD) and then loads the RAW file in the development module.
Leen Koper

Post by Leen Koper »

No, it was worse.
I even deleted some images because I thought the images were useless. Unfortunately.
Today, uploading a complete wedding from today, they were again like they used to be, so problem solved.(?)
I am pretty puzzled.....
pam.meier

Post by pam.meier »

I stopped trying to understand what computers do a long time ago ;)
So whenever something happens which is unexpected, I restart.
Glad, you´re back to normal!