No new versions of Photoshop CS

Adobe Photoshop, Canon DPP, Fuji software, various image post processing software, applications, tutorials, links to tutorials and experiences from our members.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Leen Koper
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

No new versions of Photoshop CS

Post by Leen Koper »

Adobe has announced there will be no new versions of Photoshop CS, just Photoshop CC will remain for the users for a creative cloud users at a rate of at least $ 19.95 a month.
This changing of policy will mean I will not use the full version of Photoshop any more as soon as I will stop using my old version of CS2, but I will only use Photoshop Elements 11 -and future versions- that offers me almost everything I use. I just was to buy a new version of the full program, but now I refuse to buy anything I don't need that much.
Moreover, I refuse to use anything that uses the cloud, something to which the US governement has unlimited access. And I hate that. Besides, I refuse to pay a monthly subscription for something I only upgrade every five or six years. The new version would cost me $120 a year -now, but who knows how much it will cost the coming years- and in no way justifies the extra costs.
And, more important, the computer I use for my images, has no internet connection. The risk of a virus etc. doesnot allow that in my opinion.

Sorry Adobe, nothing to earn at my expense any more.
Stany Buyle

Re: No new versions of Photoshop CS

Post by Stany Buyle »

Leen, I totally agree with you for the various reasons you mentioned.
Adobe doesn't seem to understand that there are many options, like Capture One 7. Cheaper and as good. Or just keep CS5 or CS6 and use Capture NX2 for conversion. Upto that, capture NX2 is doing a better conversion than ACR, but with less options after.
Kindest regards,
Stany
Stany Buyle

Photoshop alternatives

Post by Stany Buyle »

Stany Buyle

Post by Stany Buyle »

Photoshop CS vs Photoshop elements 11: The differences.
Leen Koper

Post by Leen Koper »

Now I am almost at the end of my professional career, I came to the conclusion I don't need the extras of full Photoshop any more. Photoshop Elements will do the job for me. It does almost anything a photographer needs, just the use of 16 bits is something I will miss a little. Combined with Lightroom - although the RAW converter in Elements does its work perfectly- I 'll be almost as versatile as before.
I should have noticed this before. I did and don't need a full version of Photoshop at all. Thanks for this wake up call, Adobe, it serves me well, it came just in time! :D
Leen Koper

Post by Leen Koper »

A nice article about alternatives for PS: http://www.dpreview.com/articles/664838 ... -photoshop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;