I would like your opinion please...

Adobe Photoshop, Canon DPP, Fuji software, various image post processing software, applications, tutorials, links to tutorials and experiences from our members.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

RudyDusslier

I would like your opinion please...

Post by RudyDusslier »

Underneath are originally two identical pictures, one has been PP normal, the other one has been PP with Lucisart.
I would like to know which one you like the best and why.

Thanks in advance for your reaction and comment.
Rudy.

Picture a

Picture b
DirkVermeirre

Re: I would like your opinion please...

Post by DirkVermeirre »

DrDusslierR wrote:Underneath are originally two identical pictures, one has been PP normal, the other one has been PP with Lucisart.
I would like to know which one you like the best and why.

Thanks in advance for your reaction and comment.
Rudy.
Hello Rudy,

Well the second one has more contrast and a great 3D look and a much better reflection in the water, so I think that I prefer that one.

Greetings,

Dirk
RudyDusslier

Post by RudyDusslier »

Hello Dirk,

Thanks for your comment. I also like he second one most because of the more contrast and detail, especially in the water. For this picture I put Lucisart on a layer and only bij 10%, otherwise it looks too unnatural.

Greetings
Rudy
DirkVermeirre

Post by DirkVermeirre »

DrDusslierR wrote:Hello Dirk,

Thanks for your comment. I also like he second one most because of the more contrast and detail, especially in the water. For this picture I put Lucisart on a layer and only bij 10%, otherwise it looks too unnatural.

Greetings
Rudy

Hello Rudy,

With pleasure. So we agree about that and thanks for the info, I don't have the Lucisart plugin but maybe one day I will buy a copy.

Greetings,

Dirk
ddk
AFFILIATED MEMBER
Active Member?: No
Post pictures?: No

Post by ddk »

Hi Rudy,

I'm not a fan of Lucisart or HDR images in general, your effect here is on the light side which is great and does enhance the image somewhat and making certain things preferable in the 2nd image. I'm wondering if one would feel the same if you had processed the original file better than what you posted here...
RudyDusslier

Post by RudyDusslier »

Hello David,

Lucisart is for me an easy way to bring more detail out of parts of a picture. Like we agree, if used in a light way it still looks natural . I´m sure one can get the same results by another way, but it will be much more difficult.

Greetings,
Rudy
Leen Koper
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Post by Leen Koper »

I prefer the first one; the second looks quite artificial to me, especially the sky. I would use the second image as a layer, reduce the overal opacity to about 50% and erase the sky. But that is just my opinion.
Lucis or HDR is a wonderful tool, but IMHO merely a tool to lighten certain parts of the image.
sjel
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by sjel »

the first one has my vote, it looks more natural to me, especially the reflections of the green plants on the left
looks artificial to me in the second one .
the darker look of the first one also seems more natural given the solid layer of clouds above

michel