Nikon releases NX Studio, a new software that enables the seamless viewing and editing of still images and video

Information about Nikon Capture NX: Users experiences, updates, tutorials, links, etc...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

admin
site administrator
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Nikon releases NX Studio, a new software that enables the seamless viewing and editing of still images and video

Post by admin »

From the Nikon website:
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation (Nikon) is pleased to announce the release of NX Studio (Ver.1.0), a new software that enables the viewing, processing, and editing of still images and video captured with a Nikon digital camera. The software is available for download at no charge, beginning today.
NX Studio is a computer software that allows users to enjoy the viewing, processing, and editing of still images and video, and provides more intuitive operation. By integrating the functions of our image viewing software, ViewNX-i*, and our image-processing and editing software, Capture NX-D*, users are now able to view, process, and edit images with a single software.

NX Studio features a user interface inherited from ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D, while further achieving intuitive operation and a functional yet simple design with functions organized by workflow into three areas: data import, viewing, and editing.

Users are better able to achieve their desired output with detailed editing functions, such as picture control, white balance settings, and exposure compensation for RAW data, as well as advanced portional correction tools such as color control points that allow adjustment of colors within a specified area, and a retouch brush feature for the removal of dust and scratches in the image.

In addition, the overall response speed for each function, such as image display, has been improved, enabling the smoother processing of both stills and video.

Further, images edited with NX Studio can be transferred to NIKON IMAGE SPACE, Nikon's image sharing and storage service, while edited videos can be easily uploaded to YouTube. NX Studio will be updated continually, ensuring support for the viewing, processing, and editing of images.

*Support for ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D, including updates to the latest OS, as well as the addition of new functions, are not planned for the future. Users are recommended to update to NX Studio.

Overview
Product name NX Studio
Release date March 4, 2021
Download URL https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/ ... tudio.html

Primary features
The viewing, processing, and editing of still images and video can be completed seamlessly.
Features a menu structure categorized by workflow, and a functional yet simple design.
Features a variety of display options, such as filmstrip with both horizontal and vertical preview options, as well as a 2/4 screen comparison option, in addition to a simple and easy-to-read shooting information display.
Supports the precise editing of images with detailed editing functions such as color control points that enable the adjustment of colors within a specified area, and a retouch brush for the removal of dust and scratches in the image.
Easy-to-understand user interface with menu items and terminology that match those of Nikon cameras.
Users are able to choose how adjustment information is saved, whether in a separate file using the sidecar file format or directly to the image file itself.
Includes XMP/IPTC information editing and preset management functions.
Works with other software such as Nikon Transfer 2 and Camera Control Pro 2.

System requirements
Windows
Operating system Microsoft Windows 10
Home Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
Microsoft Windows 8.1
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise
Processor Photos: Intel Core i series or better (multi-core processor recommended)
Full HD video editing and playback: Intel Core i5 or better
4K video editing and playback: Intel Core i7 3.5 GHz or better
Note: Video footage may sometimes not play back smoothly even on systems that meet the recommended requirements.
RAM (memory) 4 GB or more (8 GB or more recommended); 16 GB or more required for the edit of 4K video footage shot with Nikon digital cameras.
Hard-disk space A minimum of 1 GB of free disk space available on the start-up disk at installation and when the software is running (3 GB or more recommended)
Monitor resolution Resolution: 1280 x 720 pixels or more (1920 x 1080 pixels or more recommended)
Colors: 24-bit color (True Color) or more
Mac
Operating system macOS Big Sur version 11
macOS Catalina version 10.15
macOS Mojave version 10.14
Processor Photos: Intel Core i series or better (multi-core processor recommended) or Apple Silicon
Full HD video editing and playback: Intel Core i5 or better
4K video editing and playback: Intel Core i7 3.5 GHz or better
Note: Video footage may sometimes not play back smoothly even on systems that meet the recommended requirements.
Note: In the case of computers with Apple Silicon CPUs, the software runs under Rosetta 2.
RAM (memory) 4 GB or more (8 GB or more recommended); 16 GB or more required for the edit of 4K video footage shot with Nikon digital cameras.
Hard-disk space A minimum of 1 GB of free disk space available on the start-up disk at installation and when the software is running (3 GB or more recommended)
Monitor resolution Resolution: 1280 x 720 pixels or more (1920 x 1080 pixels or more recommended)
Colors: 24-bit color (millions of colors) or more
*Windows is a trademark or registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
*Macintosh is a trademark or registered trademark of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
*All other trade names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.