PhotoAcute image processing software...

Adobe Photoshop, Canon DPP, Fuji software, various image post processing software, applications, tutorials, links to tutorials and experiences from our members.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

PhotoAcute image processing software...

Post by Stany Buyle »

click on the underneath screenshot to open the link:

Downloading now...
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
BrianSmith
AFFILIATED MEMBER
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Re: PhotoAcute image processing software...

Post by BrianSmith »

I replied when Steve Bingham raised this software in DPR but as usual my comments fell into a black hole. I have this software and have used it on an occasional basis for a year or two. It is slow but some of the functions work well. Don't get it for dynamic range expansion (HDR) as many new products easily surpass it.

It does a very good job at superresolution though it is not exactly fast. I reckon that it allows my D3 to produce shots equivalent to maybe 18-20Mp and using my D2H the results are superior to my S2Pro's 6Mp. Noise reduction by taking a series of shots and combining them also works well. The greatest advantage comes if you have to hand hold a shot of something static in low light. You take a series of shots using high iso and high shutter speed (thereby getting sharp but noisy images) and the software aligns them and combines them to give you a sharp noise free picture. Not universally helpful but there are occasions...