All terrain vehicles

Here affiliated forum members can post pictures...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

ChrisBergstrom
AFFILIATED MEMBER

All terrain vehicles

Post by ChrisBergstrom »

I was busy trying out my newest CHEAP lens. The Sigma 70-300 dg lens for Nikon on my D700. I think the lens didn't let me down at all considering it was so cheap. Sorry to take you to a link outside of the site, but there are so many that it would take forever to post them on here. I hope you enjoy these. Thanks.

Chris

http://thewenzels.com/photos/index.html
Guy Van Hooveld
Active Member?: No
Post pictures?: No

Re: All terrain vehicles

Post by Guy Van Hooveld »

very strange combo to say the least...why didn't you go for the 70-300VR on the D700 ?
Guy Van Hooveld
Nikon equipment, semi-pro photographer My website http://www.techniphoto.com My wiki http://www.techniphoto.com/wiki
Leen Koper
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Post by Leen Koper »

About 12 - 8 years ago, until I went digital, I used a Sigma 70-300APO on my Minoltas and it was a pretty good and affordable alternative. And, it wasn't that cheap at the time.
ChrisBergstrom
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by ChrisBergstrom »

I went with it because money is a little tight, but I NEEDED a longer focal length than 120mm and this fit the bill. I actually don't think it's a strange combo if you rarely shoot at that length, but sometimes can use it. My next lens is probably going to be the 135mm DC Nikon lens or the 105 DC. I also plan on getting a 24-70 and 70-200, but being a low paid military man I can't afford them at the moment. My 50mm AFS G 1.4 lens is probably my favorite, but I also love the Tokina 19-35, which is also another cheap lens. I used to use the 70-300 sigma and the 19-35 Tokina with my F-100 and F6 when I shot film, so I thought they would work well on the D700 since it's full frame and I think I was right. The Tokina cost me $70 on ebay and the Sigma was under $200, so for me it was a no brainer. It's not the lens or the camera that makes the photograph, it's the photographer I'd say. They are all just tools and if you can't afford the best but have some skill you can build Noah's Ark with a chisel, hammer and a saw! lol

So, did anyone have a look at the photos I took with this lens? I'm interested in some comments. I personally think the majority of them turned out pretty good and if you watch the slideshow fast enough you can almost watch them as a movie! :-) Thanks for your time.
Leen Koper
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Post by Leen Koper »

Chris, don't feel pushed towards all those expensive lenses. I never spend that much money on one lens, the most expensive one I ever bought for 35 mm was a Minolta lens of about 600 euro, the rest have all been below 400 euro. And I have been pretty succesful in the past with my images. My favourite lens at the moment is even less than 200 euros, the Nikon 18-105 kit lens.
ChrisBergstrom
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by ChrisBergstrom »

Thanks Leen, you are right!