A Sad Ruin

Here affiliated forum members can post pictures...
BrianSmith
AFFILIATED MEMBER
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

A Sad Ruin

Post by BrianSmith »

With my D2H. This poor house used to be an inn on the way down to the Struan pier on Loch Bracadale. The last people to live in it were an elderly brother and sister. They continued to live in it after part of the roof fell in despite having earth floors, no electricity and running water through the living room. They moved out a couple of years ago when the building was condemned and they now live in council accommodation in Portree. I see them every week in the supermarket. Fortunately the sister seems to have given up trying to get a lift by standing in the middle of the main road blocking the path of oncoming vehicles.

James

Re: A Sad Ruin

Post by James »

Which part is the sad ruin? The building or the sister? That sounds like a very sad story and it looks like it was probably quite a picturesque building at one point, lovely photo.

I loved Skye by the way Brian - I didn't get to see much of it because of the weather - and the journey up was appalling but once we were there.... It was amazing (and so was the food!)

I'm sure we'll be back up at some point and will look at the areas you told us to go and view, in the meantime I am about to post some snaps from the week.