Skye in the snow

Here affiliated forum members can post pictures...
James

Skye in the snow

Post by James »

Hi everyone,

We got married last weekend and we decided to take our honeymoon on the Isle of Skye in a very quaint little hotel. Of course I took my cameras and we decided to go out walking and taking photos in the beautiful snow (we wrapped up warm!), so here are some pictures:

This is the view from our room taken on my a900 with the Zeiss 24-70mm

Here's my wife enjoying the snow (same combo)

And then some with the NEX - this is an almost perfect hiking camera, it fits in an outdoor jacket pocket, the HDR and panoramic modes work really well and the sensor is really, really good. I could even control the camera (changing modes and going into the menus, not just pressing the shutter) with ski gloves on (which I wasn't expecting and can't really do with my a900)

BrianSmith
AFFILIATED MEMBER
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Re: Skye in the snow

Post by BrianSmith »

Glad you enjoyed the stay James. I really like the first picture, strong backlighting is my favourite light and the Zeiss lens gives excellent contrast. May I also compliment you on your lovely new wife ;)

The outlook from Sleat in south Skye benefits tremendously from the mountains of Knoydart on the other side of the water. Did you go right to the end of Sleat? There is a track from the end of the road to an area where you can get a really good view of Rhum and Eigg. Worth waiting there for the right light.
James

Post by James »

Thanks Brian, she is very lovely :) I'm not sure that we went right to the tip of Sleat, we walked to Leiter Fura both days. The combination of the weather, Sophie carrying our baby and the attraction of great food just made us want to be in the hotel!

I think that my Dad is still seriously considering moving up at some point and I know have relatives that live in Oban so I am sure that one way or another we will get up to see the island in other seasons too, I'll have to give you warning and ask you to be our photography guide :)
Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Post by Stany Buyle »

Congratulations with your marriage and congratulations with the first picture, it's wonderfull.:o I would like it even better if there was a little less snow on the street in the forground...
I would like to use it as background on my PC, can I?
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
RudyDusslier

Post by RudyDusslier »

Congratulations with your marriage and your beautiful pictures!
The first one is stunning. Maybe clone out the red spot? Then it´s more than perfect.

Greetings,
Rudy
James

Post by James »

StanyB wrote:Congratulations with your marriage and congratulations with the first picture, it's wonderfull.:o I would like it even better if there was a little less snow on the street in the forground...
I would like to use it as background on my PC, can I?
Thank you very much Stany :)

Of course you can use the image as a background :) Are you alright getting the right size from flickr and cropping yourself?
James

Post by James »

DrDusslierR wrote:Congratulations with your marriage and your beautiful pictures!
The first one is stunning. Maybe clone out the red spot? Then it´s more than perfect.

Greetings,
Rudy
Hi Rudy,

Thank you very much :) I actually like the flare in the picture, I've had that discussion with other people but I feel it adds to the emotion personally. These things are very subjective!

Thanks again though