Some pictures from Rocamadour, France...

Here affiliated forum members can post pictures...
RudyDusslier

Some pictures from Rocamadour, France...

Post by RudyDusslier »

Two months ago I was on vacation in Limoges, France. After my visit and taking a lot of pictures in Oradour sur Glane (the place of horror), my next trip was going 150km more to the south of France. I found a nice hotel in Rocamadour. Here are some pictures of the little nice place and the environment.
RAW processing was done with NX2, then color efex pro soft focus and glow. At the end burning and dodging with CS4. Final step a bit of unsharp mask.

And now I am recording the game between Kim and Steffi for a friend and his lovely wife.

Thanks for looking and greetings,
Rudy.
BrianSmith
AFFILIATED MEMBER
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Re: Some pictures from Rocamadour, France...

Post by BrianSmith »

Absolutely gorgeous location and some fine picture taking. I have to say I find the post processing makes the shots a little dismal to my eye. I'm not trying to be rude and obviously it's a difference in tastes but they look to me like I think they would look if I had cataracts. I would appreciate seeing the fifth picture presented relatively straight if you see what I mean. It's certainly somewhere I would love to visit.
RudyDusslier

Post by RudyDusslier »

Hello Brian,

Thanks for the reply. I must agree for the fifth picture. It´s something new I was trying so I like the comment a lot. I´m a doctor so I know a lot about cataract and I hope you never get it.
Greetings, Rudy
Guy Van Hooveld
Active Member?: No
Post pictures?: No

Post by Guy Van Hooveld »

I have a similar reaction about the processing here. In this case, it gives a little bit of a "sad" impression, while in reality, the region is full of colors under the bright sun, and should radiate more joy, colors... but of course this is a matter of taste and I respect your choice...
Guy Van Hooveld
Nikon equipment, semi-pro photographer My website http://www.techniphoto.com My wiki http://www.techniphoto.com/wiki
RudyDusslier

Post by RudyDusslier »

Hello Guy,

That´s exactly what I wanted to do here. I don´t like the overbrighting of the colors by the sun, so I wanted to eliminate them. It was a kind of experiment. This is no HDR. RAW processing was done with NX2, then color efex pro soft focus and glow. At the end burning and dodging with CS4. Final step a bit of unsharp mask.

Greetings,
Rudy
BrianSmith
AFFILIATED MEMBER
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Post by BrianSmith »

DrDusslierR wrote:Hello Brian,

Thanks for the reply. I must agree for the fifth picture. It´s something new I was trying so I like the comment a lot. I´m a doctor so I know a lot about cataract and I hope you never get it.
Greetings, Rudy
Thanks for taking it in the spirit. My mother had cataracts and her description was that everything looked dismal and dirty and lacked colour. After she had them done she said that she was amazed at how clean the house was!
MDelfeld
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by MDelfeld »

Thanks for these pics giving a very good idea of the spirit staying in Rocamadour
ChrisBergstrom
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by ChrisBergstrom »

I like the dreamy effects you somehow achieved here! The exposures are great and nicely done for this style. Keep it up and I look forward to seeing more!
Duplo
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Wonderful Rudy...

Post by Duplo »

Now it may just be me, but as i have never been on location I have no feel of how it may look in reality and you shots really got to me.

I think the processing fits the subject very well and makes for a dreamy slightly unreal effect.

Thanks for putting these up, they really look excellent to me.
Thomas
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"
RudyDusslier

Post by RudyDusslier »

Thanks a lot for the comment. It´s what I wanted to do: to become a dream-like effect because the place is so beautiful. In another topic I posted them with the normal postprocessing. I think it´s a matter of taste...
Greetings,
Rudy