My trip in Labanon Berouth episod II

Here affiliated forum members can post pictures...
MDelfeld
AFFILIATED MEMBER
Active Member?: No
Post pictures?: No

My trip in Labanon Berouth episod II

Post by MDelfeld »

To follow I show you several typical aspects of Beyrouth.

Houses like the following one are still remaining they made in a colonial style (20th century). There are still a good quantities not being destroyed by the war.
1) Image
2) Image

A flower

3) Image

The place named "The Centre" is made of beautiful building (19th Century) perfectly renovated. This THE MARKET place. There you find the bank headquarters, restaurant, cofeeshop, and last but not least luxurious shops. Mainly selling shoes and clothes. Every shops are selling top mode pieces like Dolce Cabana, Feyraud, etc... Prices are there incredible the cheapest price we found for lady shoes was +/- 500€ they can go up to more than 2.000€. The same for clothes!

4) Image
5) Image
6) Image

The modern Mosquée Rafik Hariri
7) Image

At every corner in the city of Beyrouth you can find such cars. Density of high value cars is more or less 5 to 10 times more than in Europe.
8) Image

ABC, It's a top class shopping place like a Mole. You can look at ik through google Earth.
9) Image
10) Image

Next time we should travel out of Beyrouth in the direction of Byblos (Jbail), Nouiyeh, Dayr Hamatoura, Ehden, Tripoli, El Batroun, etc
Duplo
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Another great set.

Post by Duplo »

And another one i really enjoyed.

what I could not help to notice is the lack of people around, is that common or just due to the time a day that you were shooting?

Thanks for posting.
Thomas
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"
MDelfeld
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: My trip in Labanon Berouth episod II

Post by MDelfeld »

It's just depending on the time I was shooting. For instance the Center is full of people during the evening
In the ABC I was shooting at the evening 5' before closing.
DavidLake
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Hey that's my Ferrari!

Post by DavidLake »

You know what is strange is that it looks like you corrected #5 for the buildings (unless you used a TSE or PC lens), and to me they look even more odd than having some slight curvature. I think I have gotten so used to building being 'bent' back over the years before Photoshop correction, the perspective corrected shots really look strange, even though they are more correct - at least in 2D space.

Nice work, a beautiful city, hopefully peace can now reign!
(NPS, WPPI, PPA)
MDelfeld
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: My trip in Labanon Berouth episod II

Post by MDelfeld »

You right David on the picture 5 I made some perspective corrections. They have been done partly with DxO and CS4.

Thanks for reacting.
Soon I will send the next episode.