Baby portraiture/snapshots...

Here affiliated forum members can post pictures...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Baby portraiture/snapshots...

Post by Stany Buyle »

kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
Leen Koper

Re: Baby portraiture/snapshots...

Post by Leen Koper »

Typical images of an enormous proud grandfather who is forgetting almost every rule of portraiture in favour of capturing the thing he loves most dearly. :D

But in this case I don't care about any rules. What is more beautiful than capturing such a lovely creature? Stany, congratulations on such a lovely grandchild!
This is one of the reasons for taking snaps: taking care we don't forget these moments and you did it well!
Have them printed and you won't lose them if your hard disk might ever crash,
Stany Buyle

Post by Stany Buyle »

Leen Koper wrote:Typical images of an enormous proud grandfather who is forgetting almost every rule of portraiture in favour of capturing the thing he loves most dearly. :D ,
Good morning Leen,

Please make a summing up of my mistakes. I want to learn. There are some gigabites space on the server. ;)
One thing should be clear: I only had my D700 with 28-75 with me, no flash, I know that bouncing flashlight would have given better results, I had to save my day with the D700 PUFlash in this case.
Leen Koper wrote:But in this case I don't care about any rules. What is more beautiful than capturing such a lovely creature? Stany, congratulations on such a lovely grandchild!
This is one of the reasons for taking snaps: taking care we don't forget these moments and you did it well!
Have them printed and you won't lose them if your hard disk might ever crash,
Thanks Leen. I always keep 3 copies of all my data on separate HD's.
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
Leen Koper

Post by Leen Koper »

I don't think this image should be judged by portait standards. But as you insist: the main distraction is in the background and the lack of proper lighting.
James

Post by James »

Leen Koper wrote:I don't think this image should be judged by portait standards. But as you insist: the main distraction is in the background and the lack of proper lighting.

I agree it shouldn't be judged that way - just to add to Leen's point though - I think if you got lower the background would have been the plain wall so your grandchild would have stood out more :)

Very cute though :D