God can judge me

Here affiliated forum members can post pictures...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

God can judge me

Postby Christine Van Genechten » Sat 10 Jul 2010 16:24

Christine Van Genechten
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: God can judge me

Postby Christine Van Genechten » Sun 11 Jul 2010 08:33

I took this picture when making the Expo 58 tour in Antwerp.
I focussed the dancing couple but while doing this the rose appeared and I changed my focus on the person intefering.
I have 2 questions :
Is it categorised as a portrait ?
Should I crop the lefst side (bycicle or not) as to me it has some importance in this picture , a bit messy. But the picture might be better without this side?
When someone likes to answer I would like to read. Thank you. Christine
Christine Van Genechten
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Postby Vincent De Vos » Wed 14 Jul 2010 07:48

Christine Van Genechten wrote:I took this picture when making the Expo 58 tour in Antwerp.
I focussed the dancing couple but while doing this the rose appeared and I changed my focus on the person intefering.
I have 2 questions :
Is it categorised as a portrait ?

Don't think so, but I would better leave this expertise to Mr. Koper, Dirk Vermeirre or another expert... But it's a nice snapshot.
Christine Van Genechten wrote:Should I crop the lefst side (bycicle or not) as to me it has some importance in this picture , a bit messy. But the picture might be better without this side? When someone likes to answer I would like to read. Thank you. Christine

I would like it even better a little cropped and PP the bike away, but that's just my opinion, advice from some experts would be better again...
Passioned by beautiful pictures, not a very active photographer though...
Regards,
Vincent

PS I use google translate a lot to write better English. So, if mistake, I's google, not me. ;)
Vincent De Vos
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Postby Christine Van Genechten » Wed 14 Jul 2010 20:06

Thank you for your reply. I will try to do so. Chris
Christine Van Genechten
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Postby Leen Koper » Mon 19 Jul 2010 07:43

Whether it is called a portrait seems quite unimportant to me. Usually, in a traditional way, a portrait is an image of someone who is aware of being photographed and often directed in the right position. But a "street portrait", will that do?
You should -imho- clone out the white part of the cyclist, because that part is drawing too much attention compared to the other persons in the image.

Hope this helps.
Leen Koper

Return to People, portraiture, weddings, music concerts, theatre...