God can judge me

Here affiliated forum members can post pictures...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Christine Van Genechten
AFFILIATED MEMBER

God can judge me

Post by Christine Van Genechten »

Christine Van Genechten
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: God can judge me

I took this picture when making the Expo 58 tour in Antwerp.
I focussed the dancing couple but while doing this the rose appeared and I changed my focus on the person intefering.
I have 2 questions :
Is it categorised as a portrait ?
Should I crop the lefst side (bycicle or not) as to me it has some importance in this picture , a bit messy. But the picture might be better without this side?
When someone likes to answer I would like to read. Thank you. Christine
Vincent De Vos
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by Vincent De Vos »

Christine Van Genechten wrote:I took this picture when making the Expo 58 tour in Antwerp.
I focussed the dancing couple but while doing this the rose appeared and I changed my focus on the person intefering.
I have 2 questions :
Is it categorised as a portrait ?
Don't think so, but I would better leave this expertise to Mr. Koper, Dirk Vermeirre or another expert... But it's a nice snapshot.
Christine Van Genechten wrote:Should I crop the lefst side (bycicle or not) as to me it has some importance in this picture , a bit messy. But the picture might be better without this side? When someone likes to answer I would like to read. Thank you. Christine
I would like it even better a little cropped and PP the bike away, but that's just my opinion, advice from some experts would be better again...
Passioned by beautiful pictures, not a very active photographer though...
Regards,
Vincent

PS I use google translate a lot to write better English. So, if mistake, I's google, not me. ;)
Christine Van Genechten
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Thank you for your reply. I will try to do so. Chris
Leen Koper
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Post by Leen Koper »

Whether it is called a portrait seems quite unimportant to me. Usually, in a traditional way, a portrait is an image of someone who is aware of being photographed and often directed in the right position. But a "street portrait", will that do?
You should -imho- clone out the white part of the cyclist, because that part is drawing too much attention compared to the other persons in the image.

Hope this helps.