Post your best or favourite 2008 picture...

Dogs, cats, pets, artistic, experimental,...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Post your best or favourite 2008 picture...

Post by Stany Buyle »

2008 is near to end. I am curious to see this young forum members' best or favourite picture taken in 2008.
I start this thread with my personal favourite of this year, not my "best" picture, though my favourite one......

There will be a "picture of the month"-section on this forum from jan 2009.
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
BNikolai
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: Post your best or favourite 2008 picture...

Post by BNikolai »

Hello Stany,

I like this picture too, the head of the dog between his toy's. But if you want this picture better cut off the left side till the toy bread and my eyes dont flow from left to right and the picture gives a balanced fealing. Its not easy to make photo's from animals. They have short time rest. The impression is very well and it is not necessary to have everything in a sharp way. The eyes are the most important part of this picture.
Wait till I can send my pictures, but my computer is now in a very bad shape and not able to send you anything, then You can tell me what you like.

kind regards, Betty
Lil Judd
AFFILIATED MEMBER
Active Member?: No
Post pictures?: No

Post by Lil Judd »

OK Stany,

lets see if I can figure out the upload here...... Super cute pup. I think Betty may be on to something about the crop.... But that's a personal thing....

As for my favorite shot..... Well that's kind of hard. I'm not sure which one that would be. This has been my very first year really out shooting that which I dreamed of shooting most of my life so to choose one shot is hard.... It's like saying the others are not.... But what I'll do is this..... I have this year self-published a book with photos I've taken mostly this year. A few months ago I had the opportunity to photograph a very energetic, slightly "flamboyant", expressive Snowy Egret. So for your thread... I humbly offer the shot which was voted, & won a by huge margin, the shot to become my cover of my book..... So here you are...

Shot with Nikon D300 & Sigmonster EXIFs embedded as I always do...

I hope you will enjoy

Lil :-)

Wishing you Golden Light & willing subjects. My ever evolving galleries can be seen at http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/
ray barlow
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by ray barlow »

nice shots to both of you!

I picked up my D300 about 13 months ago, and since have fired around 100,000 frames... so the favourite is not easy!

I just ordered a 24x36 of this one..

so i guess it is a fav.

For workshop info, please email me here... raymondjbarlow@yahoo.ca

www.rayswildlife.com
pam.meier

Post by pam.meier »

Hm, my favorites change every day ;)
So here is the one of today. A friend of mine who invents cakes and such. I get to shoot and eat the prototypes. This one is for recipes in Ladie´s magazines.

BrianSmith
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by BrianSmith »

Not my best but certainly a favourite. I particularly liked it because the small post at the end of the rainbow is actually a wind turbine.
It seemed somehow eco-friendly.

Guy Van Hooveld

Post by Guy Van Hooveld »

the one I like a lot among the pictures I took this year (too many to choose from), since I like trains, this is a picture I took on an industrial site in Belgium, converted to B/W.

Guy Van Hooveld
Nikon equipment, semi-pro photographer My website http://www.techniphoto.com My wiki http://www.techniphoto.com/wiki
Guy Van Hooveld

Post by Guy Van Hooveld »

Lil Judd wrote:OK Stany,

lets see if I can figure out the upload here...... Super cute pup. I think Betty may be on to something about the crop.... But that's a personal thing....

As for my favorite shot..... Well that's kind of hard. I'm not sure which one that would be. This has been my very first year really out shooting that which I dreamed of shooting most of my life so to choose one shot is hard.... It's like saying the others are not.... But what I'll do is this..... I have this year self-published a book with photos I've taken mostly this year. A few months ago I had the opportunity to photograph a very energetic, slightly "flamboyant", expressive Snowy Egret. So for your thread... I humbly offer the shot which was voted, & won a by huge margin, the shot to become my cover of my book..... So here you are...

Shot with Nikon D300 & Sigmonster EXIFs embedded as I always do...

I hope you will enjoy

excellent picture... and I am VERY impressed by two things...
1) I had a look at your book on the net... really excellent work - very promising and very professional
2) the fact that you carry a Sigmonster to shoot wildlife (or do you have assistants to help you :D )
Guy Van Hooveld
Nikon equipment, semi-pro photographer My website http://www.techniphoto.com My wiki http://www.techniphoto.com/wiki
RudyDusslier

My "favourite"...

Post by RudyDusslier »

Not my most beautiful picture but one of my favourites of 2008. My lovely daughter Alicia, 23 months old. Starting every day by taking a shower on her own. She is always very proud when there is a camera to take a picture of her.

Greetings to all of you.
All the best for 2009!
ray barlow
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by ray barlow »

what a beautiful little girl... excellent image... mine is just now 3 yrs, and what a wonderful time we have with her!

For workshop info, please email me here... raymondjbarlow@yahoo.ca

www.rayswildlife.com
James

Post by James »

It's interesting that everyone has posted the images that are their own favourites and that mean something to them. They are all very beautiful though - I think that the rainbow is the most appealing to me.

Here's my favourite of 2008, my first one published in a national paper! Even though the top of the helmet is missing, it's slightly out of focus and I was learning a new camera it means a lot to me.

David Pearson
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by David Pearson »

One of my favourites from last year after I had found a area where the barn owls hunted and were easy to approach with the lenses I had. Keep in mind I'm mainly a wedding photographer, but have this recent found interest in owls and just happened to be in the right place at the right time to shoot this one in the wild.
Make Love not War or get Married and do Both
Stany Buyle

For James

Post by Stany Buyle »

Here's my favourite of 2008, my first one published in a national paper! Even though the top of the helmet is missing, it's slightly out of focus and I was learning a new camera it means a lot to me.
Great action picture James, thanks for sharing!
kindest regards,

Stany
Stany Buyle

For David Pearson

Post by Stany Buyle »

David Pearson wrote:One of my favourites from last year after I had found a area where the barn owls hunted and were easy to approach with the lenses I had. Keep in mind I'm mainly a wedding photographer, but have this recent found interest in owls and just happened to be in the right place at the right time to shoot this one in the wild.
Fantastic owl picture, I love it. Great! Thanks for posting
kindest regards,

Stany