Which one do you like best?

Dogs, cats, pets, artistic, experimental,...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

ChrisBergstrom
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Which one do you like best?

Post by ChrisBergstrom »

I would like some comments about which one you like the best out of these two images I took in my home studio. I shot these at ISO 200 with no flash. BTW, these were taken with my brand new Nikon 17-35mm lens that I'm in love with already! The first one was taken in the morning and the second one was taken when the sun outside was much brighter, but my home made diffuser pretty much takes care of that either way I think. I have a giant piece of paper that you use when you paint to keep the floors from getting paint on them covering the window to the left of the photo. The Japanese writing is really only serving the purpose of identifying me to a Japanese audience and the rest of the world if they care to translate it. I love Japan and my wife is Japanese, so the culture is always a part of my life even in the U.S. right now. We are thinking about moving back to Japan in a few years, but for now all I have is what we have available here in the U.S.

So, which one of these two shots do you like better?

Thanks for your opinions, criticisms, comments or just chatting.

Chris

Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

First one...

Post by Stany Buyle »

Happy to have some people aboard who are fond about Japan, I like Japan and Japanese people myself very much as well. Was there 3 times and would like to go back again...
Thanks for sharing.
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
ChrisBergstrom
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: Which one do you like best?

Post by ChrisBergstrom »

Thanks Stany! So +1 vote for the 1st one...

Here's a PP'd one I am also going to add to the mix. Please label them 1, 2 or 3, this being the 3rd.

Thanks,

Chris

Stany Buyle

Post by Stany Buyle »

ChrisBergstrom wrote:Thanks Stany! So +1 vote for the 1st one...Here's a PP'd one I am also going to add to the mix. Please label them 1, 2 or 3, this being the 3rd. Thanks,Chris
In the third one noise is showing up strongly because of PP. My vote stays with the 1st one...
kindest regards,

Stany
ChrisBergstrom
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by ChrisBergstrom »

Thanks, but the noise was intentional! lol I was using Nik software that simulates film. Maybe I'll try the same effect without the film simulation noise...
ChrisBergstrom
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by ChrisBergstrom »

Stany, here's #4, which is similar to #3, but with no noise added. I love this one myself, but am asking for opinions because which ever one wins this opinion contest is going to stay on flickr and the rest are GONE! :-)

Thanks...

Stany Buyle

Post by Stany Buyle »

ChrisBergstrom wrote:Stany, here's #4, which is similar to #3, but with no noise added. I love this one myself, but am asking for opinions because which ever one wins this opinion contest is going to stay on flickr and the rest are GONE! :-)Thanks...
Nice. The purple is coming out more contrasty now...
kindest regards,

Stany
ChrisBergstrom
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by ChrisBergstrom »

Thanks again Stany! Here's my LAST attempt at post processing this image that I like so much and to get your final opinion. I think I'm done trying to edit this one otherwise I'll go too far in the wrong direction and overprocess it. So, here's #5, which is the last version of this simple photo. I hope you think I did well with this. I'm not generally a studio photographer, so this kind of shot is still new to me. I'm having a lot of fun though!

ChrisBergstrom
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by ChrisBergstrom »

Ok, so here's my personal selections from Stany's opinions as well as my own personal preferences. Please let me know what you think of these two?