Post your favorite 2009' picture here...

Dogs, cats, pets, artistic, experimental,...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Post your favorite 2009' picture here...

Post by Stany Buyle »

No competition, just some fun among friends. It would be nice if you post your favourite 2009' picture in this thread...
Also please explain a little why it's your personal favourite...
Of course no hurry with this topic, 2009 is still 25 days going on...

I'll start...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I'm a quite frequent macro shooter, it was a tough choise to find my favourite one...
Underneath one finally became my choise because I think the lightning is done well and the colours are, TMHO, gorgeous...

kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
GregoryS
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: Post your favourite 2009' picture here...

Post by GregoryS »

Here's mine. I hope I do it correctly as it's been a long time.

Vincent De Vos
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: Post your favourite 2009' picture here...

Post by Vincent De Vos »

GregoryS wrote:Here's mine. I hope I do it correctly as it's been a long time.
Very nice, very good colors, well done!
Passioned by beautiful pictures, not a very active photographer though...
Regards,
Vincent

PS I use google translate a lot to write better English. So, if mistake, I's google, not me. ;)
GregoryS
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: Post your favorite 2009' picture here...

Post by GregoryS »

Thanks. I thought so too especially since it was taken at ISO 1600. Gotta love the new Nikon image sensors.
Geoff_Roughton
AFFILIATED MEMBER
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Post by Geoff_Roughton »

One of mine....I inclined her head to avoid catchlights in her eyes....kinda made her sad or contemplative....thats what I think anyway:-)
Best
Geoff
"always look on the bright side of life...."
www.gandsphotography.co.uk
Vincent De Vos
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by Vincent De Vos »

Geoff_Roughton wrote:One of mine....I inclined her head to avoid catchlights in her eyes....kinda made her sad or contemplative....thats what I think anyway:-)
Very cute. Both funny and nice portrait.
Regards,
Vincent

PS I use google translate a lot to write better English. So, if mistake, I's google, not me. ;)
DavidLake
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by DavidLake »

I know I'm only supposed to post one but I just could not choose. And I like the fact that they compare and contrast so elegantly. Two sunsets, one on the beach in Florida the other in the Sonoran Desert of Arizona.
(NPS, WPPI, PPA)
Vincent De Vos
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Oh David...Can I use nr1 as my desktop background?

Post by Vincent De Vos »

Despite I like the second one the best, both are very beautiful. I would like to use the n°1 as my desktop background. It suits perfectly for my icons. Can I, please?
I know you would never know if I use it or not, but in theory it's illegal to use somebodies picture, and I prefer asking... ;)
The second picture I would like on my wall... Why don't you guys make a deal with Stany to sell your pictures over his website? Just an :idea: ...
Regards,
Vincent

DavidLake
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Send me your email and I will send you the shot

Post by DavidLake »

david@davidlakephotos.com

Also let me know if you need it edited (cropped, lightened, whatever). It would be my pleasure (honor) to share it with you :D
(NPS, WPPI, PPA)
Vincent De Vos
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: Send me your email and I will send you the shot

Post by Vincent De Vos »

DavidLake wrote:david@davidlakephotos.com Also let me know if you need it edited (cropped, lightened, whatever). It would be my pleasure (honor) to share it with you :D
Thanks David,
What's the cost for the second picture in A3 print + post cost(in a carton role)? If it's reasonale I'll give the money to Stany and you can send it to his company,... Or you mail the original size to Stany or Rudy and they'll print it for me...
Regards,
Vincent

DavidLake
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by DavidLake »

I have the image temporarily hosted here at smugmug and you can buy a print from them - reasonable price, superb print quality (http://david-lake-photography.smugmug.c ... qouw9-A-LB) - but the colors are a bit off since the RGB conversion adds a purple hue to the sand for some reason and bands the sky some too. I can send you the TIFF of the image - just don't repost it to the web or use for any other reason than yours personally and that would be fine ;) Let me know...
(NPS, WPPI, PPA)