The Nikon 1 system

Lens and Camera reviews by our members...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Guy Van Hooveld
Active Member?: No
Post pictures?: No

The Nikon 1 system

Post by Guy Van Hooveld »

For those interested, I have posted a first mini-review of the J1 + both VR zooms + FT1 adapter and normal Nikon lenses...

http://www.techniphoto.com/wiki/index.p ... =Nikon_One

gear11-19 by gugs, on Flickr

An example picture 1/10sec ISO3200 110mm (300mm equiv) f5.6 hand held with VR
gear11-17 by gugs, on Flickr
Guy Van Hooveld
Nikon equipment, semi-pro photographer My website http://www.techniphoto.com My wiki http://www.techniphoto.com/wiki
Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Re: The Nikon 1 system

Post by Stany Buyle »

Hi Guy,
Sory that I missed this topic by you.
Amazing good result I must say... Very attractive deep colours.
Did the cat picture got post processing?
Kindest regards,
Stany
pam.meier

Post by pam.meier »

I had been waiting for a smaller pancake like kit lens for the NEX system when I decided to get a J1 + kit 10-30 VR when it hit a reasonable price (379 Euros incl. VAT).
It has become my carry-around-everywhere camera and I like its output better than the S95 I had, it is Ok for snapshots and it focusses reasonably fast even in low light situations. I uploaded the new firmware yesterday, so I will have to see if the improvements are significant.

Yes, I wish the lens was smaller, though, and I keep eyeballing at the Sony RX100, so chances are I will sell it once the moon prices drop to normal levels (650 Euros for a compact camera is way too much).
Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Post by Stany Buyle »

pam.meier wrote:I had been waiting for a smaller pancake like kit lens for the NEX system when I decided to get a J1 + kit 10-30 VR when it hit a reasonable price (379 Euros incl. VAT).
It has become my carry-around-everywhere camera and I like its output better than the S95 I had, it is Ok for snapshots and it focusses reasonably fast even in low light situations. I uploaded the new firmware yesterday, so I will have to see if the improvements are significant.

Yes, I wish the lens was smaller, though, and I keep eyeballing at the Sony RX100, so chances are I will sell it once the moon prices drop to normal levels (650 Euros for a compact camera is way too much).
Hi Pam,
An in detail J1 review with sample images would be very appreciated. Together with the feedback from Guy it would be a great topic!
pam.meier

Post by pam.meier »

Stany, it will be a snapshot-"review" :) If you´re ready for it, I will provide you with my impressions.
It will include pet rats , though, so be warned.