Question - original 70-200 VRI + TC-20 E III ?

Lens and Camera reviews by our members...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

BrianSmith
AFFILIATED MEMBER
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Question - original 70-200 VRI + TC-20 E III ?

Post by BrianSmith »

Can anyone give a definitive report on how good this combination is? I could not afford to update my 70-200 but might manage the new TC. I really miss my 80-400 which I stupidly sold before I went FX and this might perk me up a bit.
Any info?
Stany Buyle

Re: Question - original 70-200 VRI + TC-20 E III ?

Post by Stany Buyle »

I expect it to be somewhere between "good" and "very good" :) , I hope to do a test with this combo soon. I am quite sure that this combo will equalize the sharpness and overall IQ of the 80-400VR.
Try it out first before buying :!: Any shop where you used to buy your gear should give you a chance to let you take some pictures with a TC-20 E III mounted on your camera. While the glass elements of the new TC are quite easy to scratch, I would ask to the shop owner that he mounts it before trying out...
Another solution is to rent such a TCIII for a day :idea: ... Worth the money...
Just my thoughts...
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
BrianSmith
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: Question - original 70-200 VRI + TC-20 E III ?

Post by BrianSmith »

Thanks for that Stany. Unfortunately the nearest shop likely to have one of these is probably 250+ miles away. I haven't driven that far for 6 years. Here on Skye we have to do everything by mail order. I moment ago I was ordering a Sky+HD receiver to fit by myself because Sky TV can't seem to get an engineer to come here reliably :evil: :x
What does Fou mean? Your smilies are in French ;) :!: