My confession...

Open talk "Just about anything..." Please respect our forum rules... Political and religeous subjects will be removed.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

My confession...

Post by Stany Buyle »

The real reason I exchanged my D3 for a D700 was not size, weight, sensor cleaning or pop up flash...
but...
...the fact that with D3, I could make 9 bad pictures in a second,
with D700 I can only make 5 bad pictures in a second...
So since I have D700 I make @ full speed 4 bad pictures/sec less than with my D3...

Everybody has his own way to progress...
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
pam.meier

Re: My confession...

Post by pam.meier »

Hey Stany, I have a very nice S5 sitting on my desk. With it you could only take 1.5 bad pictures ;)
Interested?

(It will be finished soon, too)
Stany Buyle

For Pam /// Re: My confession...

Post by Stany Buyle »

pam.meier wrote:Hey Stany, I have a very nice S5 sitting on my desk. With it you could only take 1.5 bad pictures ;)
Interested?(It will be finished soon, too)
No. The enthusiasm of progressing too fast is bad for a 48 year old man's health...
kindest regards,

Stany
Leen Koper

Post by Leen Koper »

I always wonder why people seem to need cameras that can be used like a machinegun: just spraying around and spend hours at the computer deleting the images afterwards.
My cameras are never on continuous shooting; I even don't know how to set them to such a setting for sports shooters. I use the manual to set them to " single" and never look back. Or are there just all sports shooters out there?
Stany Buyle

For Leen /// Re: My confession...

Post by Stany Buyle »

Leen Koper wrote:I always wonder why people seem to need cameras that can be used like a machinegun
Or are there just all sports shooters out there?
Goodmorning Leen,
I do need some kind of a machinegun camera, I'm even going to buy the MB10 for my D700 to get 8fps, here is one of my reasons why:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=143
kindest regards,

Stany
James

Post by James »

I agree with both Stany's points - normally a high burst rate is just a waste but sometimes it can help make a nice sequence, I sometimes machine gun for a second and end up with a whole jump sequence which can be quite fun.
pam.meier

Post by pam.meier »

Machine gunning often helps people get a steady shot. I´ve got shaky hands, you know?
Manual focus bracketing also helps. You prefocus and while pressing the shutter you adjust focus. Works nicely for fast lenses.
BNikolai
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by BNikolai »

Nice answere and nice three photo's, Stany. I should do the same to buy D700 with the MB10. It's true, I also shoot single with my camera, a habit when we worked with films; we had to be much more economical. I consider continuous shooting with moving subjects. My hands are also shaking Pam. Thanks for your tips.
Stany Buyle

For Betty/// Re: My confession...

Post by Stany Buyle »

BNikolai wrote:Nice answere and nice three photo's, Stany. I should do the same to buy D700 with the MB10. It's true, I also shoot single with my camera, a habit when we worked with films; we had to be much more economical. I consider continuous shooting with moving subjects. My hands are also shaking Pam. Thanks for your tips.
Shooting handhold with D700 I prefer AF-C mode and high speed over AF-S and single frame shooting. I simply get better results. Deleting a couple of similar pictures takes little time and often I can quit the closed-eyes pictures problem...
kindest regards,

Stany