The hat trick

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Leen Koper
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

The hat trick

Post by Leen Koper »

Just something I learned from an British photographer during a seminar about 20 years ago. I accepted his idea but did not think I will ever put it into practice. But he turned out to be right. What was so important?

Mostly on really sunny days he wears a hat that is brimmed all the way around to shield his face and keep side-lighting from bothering him as he shoots. Since about 10 years I am converted and always wear a hat like that. It is not only very fashionable, but extremely helpful when shooting, especially when you want to judge your image by means of a LCD screen. I won't leave the house without my hat on.

In the meantime I have collected quite a lot of hats (sorry, at least 8) but my favourite one is the one that has the widest brim.
My photography has improved considerably since then, but I don't really know if this is caused by a hat....
Stany Buyle

Thank you

Post by Stany Buyle »

An interesting tip.
Thank you.
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
Leen Koper

Re: The hat trick

Post by Leen Koper »

Now you don't need any longer an excuse for wearing something as fashionable as a hat. "It improves my photography", is a extremely good explanation. ;-)