- Shooting at closest focus distance with the 200-500 AF-S VR on D750 and on D7200
- BIF with Nikon 200-500 AF-S VR
- VR test
- Nikon 200-500 AF-S VR with TC's
- BIF tracking with Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR
- More images with D750 and 200-500 AF-S VR F5.6
- Close up with 200-500AF-S VR F5.6
- How sharp is the 200-500 AF-S VR F5.6 wide open (F5.6) 10 images at F5.6 with crops and full exif
- Nikon 200-500 AF-S VR F5.6: How about CA ?
- Nikon AF-S 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR for pictures at long distance on D7200
- Nikon 200-500mm VR F5.6E ED AF-S at Art & Craft
- NEW Nikon 200-500 AF-S VR compared to other lenses
- NEW Blue heron with nikon 200-500 on D810
- NEW Catched a fish!
Bought my Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm this morning at Art & Craft in Ghent (B). Expectations are high...
At this moment I have also the Sigma 150-600 "C" and the Tamron 150-600 to my disposal.
I was trying the Sigma 150-600 "S" a couple of weeks ago. Fantastic lens but too heavy to my taste, at that moment.... Weight difference between the Nikon and the Sigma "S" is "only" 560 gram.
First impressions after approx 100 pictures on my D750:
- Very solid, well built lens. I did not expect that in relation to it's price setting.
- 2,3 kg is just around the limit of what I consider as comfortable to carry around. If weight would not have been a factor in my choice, I would have gone for the Sigma 150-600 "S"
- Amazing sharpness at near to closest focus distance(makes my tamron 150-600 look poor, sharper than my 80-400 AF-S VR at 400mm)
- Great image stabilisation
- A bit disappointing AF speed. Not really fast, but significantly faster when using the 6meter-∞ setting, but still slow compared to a 70-200 AF-S
- F5.6 at 500mm is a significant improvement over my tamron 150-600 which is F6 from 330mm and F6.3 from 450mm.
- The lens is very sharp from F5.6.
Going to try to find some birds now...
Updated with this picture, taken with my 200-500 AF-S VR on Sep 25th.
Images will follow later this weekend.
related topic: Sigma 150-600 HSM OS S, first impressions
Support www nikonuser.info and forum with a donation...