From the Nikon UK website:
ViewNX 2 is an all-in-one image browsing and editing software application for both still images and movies. Nikon Transfer 2 is incorporated into ViewNX 2 for transferring images to a computer.
This is the full version of ViewNX 2.7.1 for Windows and Macintosh computers. If you are currently using ViewNX 2 this download will upgrade the existing software to version 2.7.1. This software supports all Nikon D-SLR cameras, Nikon 1, and all COOLPIX cameras with USB support.
Be sure that you have read and understand the terms of the license agreement before initiating download of this software from the links at the bottom of this page.
Modifications enabled with Ver. 2.7.1
Support for the Nikon 1 J3, Nikon 1 S1, COOLPIX L28, COOLPIX S2700, COOLPIX S2750 and COOLPIX S6500 has been added.
The following issues with movies recorded using the Nikon 1 J3 with White balance set to Underwater have been resolved.
- Thumbnails for movies transferred with Nikon Transfer 2 using a card reader were not displayed in the thumbnail list area.
- When "Metadata" is selected from the Edit palette, information other than that in File Info 1 is not displayed.
The AF Noise Reduction function, which reduces noise produced by auto focusing during movie recording and picked by the built-in microphone, has been added for the following devices:
- Camera: The D3200 (released in May 2012), and later digital-SLR cameras.
- Lens: AF-S NIKKOR and AF-I NIKKOR lenses, and AF-S/AF-I teleconverters (AF-S/AF-I lenses are required).
When the white balance of RAW images captured with the P7700 was adjusted using Use Gray Point, the specified point did not turn gray. This issue has been resolved.
Additional modifications to the Windows version Support for the 64bit- and 32bit- versions of Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 Enterprise has been added.
When a large number of images were transferred with Nikon Transfer 2 using a card reader, Nikon Transfer 2 quit unexpectedly on rare occasions. This issue has been resolved.
Additional modifications to the Macintosh version Support for IEEE 1394 connection for the D1, D1H, and D1X has been eliminated.
The following issues with combined use of Mac OS X version 10.6 and Nikon Transfer 2 have been resolved.
- When the camera and computer are connected and the camera is turned off after Nikon Transfer 2 is launched, Nikon Transfer 2 quits unexpectedly on rare occasions.
- When a large number of images on a memory card are transferred using a card reader, the transfer is terminated unexpectedly on rare occasions.
32-bit and 64-bit versions of ViewNX 2 and Windows Operating System compatibility
The 64-bit version of ViewNX 2 Ver. 2.7.1 can be used with the following operating systems.
- 64-bit versions of Windows 8
- 64-bit versions of Windows 7
- 64-bit versions of Windows Vista
The 32-bit version of ViewNX 2 Ver. 2.7.1 can be used with the following operating systems.
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 8
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista
- 32-bit versions of Windows XP