Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Nikon released View NX 2.0.1 today.

Post by Stany Buyle »

Nikon released View NX 2.0.1 today!

I downloaded the Dutch version and it looks fantastic! :o :D :) :shock:

A dual monitor screenshot of ViewNX2.0.1:

Or an other possibility for GPS use...

Or, -TMHO-, the best setting, with basical image correction window...

Or, with an improved picture control window opened...

As you can read here below, Nikon ViewNX2.0.1 has a bunch of new image editing functions, for basical editing functions, you don't really need Capture NX2 anymore, which is great.

What pleases me very much is the very good crop function in ViewNX2... It reminds me to the old View 6.27, which had much more possibilities than the FORMER ViewNX1.5...

A screenshot of the new crop modein ViewNX2:

You also can go for a view for basical NEF editing functions:

And... View NX 2 is for free!!! Thank you Nikon.

Click on the underneath screenshot to open the link to the download from the Nikon website.

You can read here all improvements and new functions that have been added:

From the Nikon website:
  • ViewNX 2 Primary New Functions

Revamped user interface
Three workspaces
It is easy to switch between the three workspaces—Browser, GeoTag, Edit—with the simple click of a button on the Toolbar.

Four background colors
The color of the workspace background can be selected from white, grey, dark grey and black, depending upon the brightness of images.

Changing palette display, thumbnail list display
As the Browser palette at the left of the ViewNX 2 window and the Edit palette at the right of the window can be displayed separately, working with ViewNX 2 is more efficient. What's more, as unnecessary palettes can be hidden, the workspace can be maximized. In the Browser and Edit workspaces, the Thumbnail List option can also be selected to display image details with thumbnails.

• New image editing functions
(1) Crop
Save only the desired portion of a photo.
(2) Auto Red-Eye
Correct the "red-eye" effect that often occurs in photos of people taken with a flash.
(3) Straighten
Straighten photos taken at an angle.
(4) Auto Lateral Color Aberration
Correct color shift caused by chromatic aberration and reduce lateral chromatic aberration.
  • Movie editing functions
Trim
Use to specify and extract only the desired portion of a movie file.
Save movie frame as still image
Saves a specified movie frame as a JPEG image with the same pixel count as the original movie frame.
  • Improved print functions
(1) Printing date/time shot
Print the date images were captured over or below the images.
(2) Background color
Select one of four background color options for printing.
(3) Metadata
Select the shooting information to be printed with images from a detailed set of options.
(4) Header/Footer
Text can be input for use as headers and/or footers with printing.
  • Greater collaboration with my Picturetown
Simple viewing
Images uploaded to my Picturetown can be viewed in the ViewNX 2 Browser window. This allows users to check the images uploaded to my Picturetown without opening a Web browser and entering their login e-mail address and password every time.
Simple upload to my Picturetown from ViewNX 2
Images can be uploaded from ViewNX 2 to my Picturetown using simple drag and drop operations from the folder displayed in the ViewNX 2 Browser window.
  • Other ViewNX 2 Functions
•Files can be converted to a different format and image size can be adjusted
•Aspects such as brightness, contrast, highlights and shadows can be adjusted for both JPEG and RAW images
•Equipped with a variety of display modes including Thumbnail Grid, Thumbnail List, Image Viewer and Full Screen
•Comprehensive RAW image processing with Exposure Comp., White Balance and Picture Control adjustments
•Custom Picture Controls can be created and saved. Custom Picture Controls created with a Nikon camera can be imported into ViewNX 2 and exported to compatible cameras. (RAW images only)
•Nine color labels and ratings (up to five stars can be specified) enable detailed organization and classification of images
  • ViewNX 2 System Requirements
Windows
CPU Display, playback, and editing of still images and movies (MotionJPEG) :
Intel Celeron / Pentium 4 / Core Series, 1.6GHz or above
Playback and editing of H.264 movies:
Pentium D 3.0GHz or above (during playback)
Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz or above (during editing)
OS Windows 7 Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate, Windows Vista Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Enterprise/Ultimate (Service Pack 2), Windows XP Home Edition/Professional (Service Pack 3)
This application requires a computer with a pre-installed operating system.
If you use 64-bit version Windows 7 or 64-bit version Windows Vista, operation takes place under 32-bit compatibility environment.
Memory (RAM) Windows 7 or Windows Vista: 1GB or above (1.5GB or above is recommended)
Windows XP: 512MB or above (1GB or above is recommended)
Hard disk 500MB or above for OS startup disk unit (1GB or above is recommended)
Monitor resolution Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels (XGA) or more
Display color: 24-bit color or above
Supported formats JPEG-format images (Exif 2.2 compliant)
RAW (NEF, NRW) and TIFF format images, movies, sounds and Image Dust Off data shot/created with Nikon digital cameras.
RAW (NEF, NRW), TIFF (RGB) and JPEG (RGB) format images and MOV, AVI, MPEG1 and WMV format movies saved with Nikon applications.

Mac OS
CPU Display, playback, and editing of still images and movies (MotionJPEG) :
Power PC G4 1GHz or above / PowerPC G5 / Intel Core series / Intel Xeon series
Playback and editing of H.264 movies:
PowerPC G5 Dual 2GHz or above / Core Duo 2GHz or above (during playback)
Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz or above (during editing)
OS Mac OS X (Version 10.4.11, 10.5.8, 10.6.3)
Memory (RAM) 512MB or above (1GB or above is recommended)
Hard disk 500MB or above for OS startup disk unit (1GB or above is recommended)
Monitor resolution Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels (XGA) or more
Display color: 167,000 color or above.
Supported formats JPEG-format images (Exif 2.2 compliant)
RAW (NEF, NRW) and TIFF images, movies, sounds and Image Dust Off data shot/created with Nikon digital cameras.
RAW (NEF, NRW), TIFF (RGB) and JPEG (RGB) format images and MOV, AVI and MPEG1 format movies saved with Nikon applications.

Specifications, design, product name and supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.

For more information, click on the following link.
Products & Support—Imaging Products

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------
If you would like to join this forum, everybody is welcome!, just not anonymous.
You can read how to join this forum here.

Activation to become a registered member you can do yourself just by clicking on the registration button and fill the required fields, while to become an affiliated member who can post pictures, start topics, react to other topics and have access to some supplementary information and download of original files, your initial registration has to be activated by a moderator of this board.
We would be very happy to activate your registration.
Activation of an affiliated forum member account can take upto 48 hours.

Sincerely yours,
Rita B, site owner.
----------------------------------------------------------
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

My cache settings for best performance...

Post by Stany Buyle »

After trying out the different settings I did put the cache of NX2 on a separate physical drive while you keep the cache on your C drive or another physical drive (not just on another partition of the same drive). This settings gives me optimal speed while browsing the files in nikon View2 and opening them in NX2.

I will try a very fast SDD soon only for Nikon software.
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe