Shallow DoF Panoramas

Here affiliated forum members can post pictures...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

ChrisBergstrom
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Shallow DoF Panoramas

Post by ChrisBergstrom »

I decided to try a new technique in shooting panorama shots. This takes an 85mm f/1.4 lens set to f/1.4 and to shoot lots of images overlapping to create a panorama shot, but with super shallow depth of field. I use auto pano pro to stitch my panos together and hope you enjoy my technique here. The average number of shots to create these it between 80-120 total photos in multiple rows, all hand held too. So, without further ado, hand held, shallow depth of field panorama shots...

GuidoDeVolder-BE
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: Shallow DoF Panoramas

Post by GuidoDeVolder-BE »

I like n 6,7,8 and 10 but I do not understand why these shots require a "special technic", neither I understand the "technic" itself...
Humanity Is Insane.
ChrisBergstrom
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by ChrisBergstrom »

Thanks you. It's hard to describe, but you can't get this same look with a normal lens. You have to take each photo in manual focus and don't refocus. You have the lens set to f/1.4 and the depth of field is super shallow because you are using an 85mm and are super close, which brings compression into effect. I think you would need a 300mm f/1.4 to be able to achieve a similar result. I don't know though? All I know is that this technique is fun and the results are amazing! Here's another example that explains the single frame. Sort of has a mild tilt shift look to it. This guy states you would need an f/.7 lens to achieve this with one shot.

Chris
arthur
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by arthur »

I like this one...

Best regards,
Arthur