NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S to be released on april 22, 2022

About Nikon cameras(Film, coolpix, DSLR and Nikon mirrorless "Z"), lenses, accessories, links and firmware updates and sample pictures.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

admin
site administrator
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S to be released on april 22, 2022

Post by admin »

NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S
to be released on april 22, 2022

From the Nikon website:
Compact, lightweight, single-focus super telephoto lens with excellent optical performance and comfortable operability for high mobility This is the longest* super telephoto lens with a focal length of 800 mm among NIKKOR Z lenses. A powerful depiction that overwhelms the viewer with a high sense of resolution is obtained. The NIKKOR Z lens is the first to use a PHASE FRESNEL (PF) lens, realizing compactness and light weight while being a super telephoto lens. Demonstrates high portability. Thanks to its excellent mobility, you can concentrate on distant subjects such as wild birds even when shooting with hand or monopods, and you can enjoy high image quality with high imaging performance.

:arrow: https://www.nikon-image.com/products/ni ... _f63_vr_s/
Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Does Nikon try to gain market with agressive pricing?

Post by Stany Buyle »

After comparing the newest -ML- fast long teles from both Canon and Nikon, I nearly fell off my chair...

The Canon RF 800/5.6 L IS USM is priced at € 19949 while the Nikon Z 800/6.3 VR S is set @ € 7299
a half-stop faster cannot justify an x2,7 times price difference...
Is Nikon's aggressive price politic because of the need to gain some market, or even to survive, or is the RF 800 simply overpriced?
This "low" price for the 800mm ML version while the classic Nikkor AF-S 800/5,6 E FL ED VR incl. TC800 still costs € 17499 (# audiophil in Germany)...
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
DiederikVP
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S to be released on april 22, 2022

Post by DiederikVP »