AF frustrations with Nikon Z as I had, by someone else

About Nikon cameras(Film, coolpix, DSLR and Nikon mirrorless "Z"), lenses, accessories, links and firmware updates and sample pictures.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

AF frustrations with Nikon Z as I had, by someone else

Post by Stany Buyle »

(Found this link on Dpreview --> https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/66308506 posted by KKnipser)
Nikon fans hate this kind of comment and they will do everything possible to crash this reviewer, Nikon officials ignore it and Nikon's PR and youtube guys & girls never mention it. But this was one of the main reasons I moved from Nikon Z to Canon EOS R5.
I missed soooo many shots like these because of the poor Z6 & Z7 AF performance with unexpected action. One time a big predator bird was sitting extremely well visible, -like posing- in front of me at somewhere between 8 and 15 meters while I was trying to get the bird in focus. It just could not focus... :cry: :evil: :oops: That was the first time I was considering changing brands.

AF frustrations with Nikon Z as I had, by someone else:

A demonstration of how the Nikon Z9 and mirrorless cameras struggle to focus on a close subject that is out of focus with telephoto lenses. This is an issue to bird photographers mostly dealing with small subjects and potentially busy backgrounds.
After nearly 2 years with EOS R5, this isn't a ML problem though, for me it was a Z7, Z6 & Z7II issue that I got bored and frustrated about after 2 years of daily professional and private use and that I do NOT encounter with my EOS R5.
I never handled a Z9, but I did expect this kind of AF issues would have been solved totally with the pro Z camera line.

:arrow: From Nikon Z6 & Z7 to EOS R5...
:arrow: A sample situation why I moved from Nikon Z to Canon EOS R5...
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe