Very strange problem with View NX...(underwhile solved)

Information about Nikon Capture NX: Users experiences, updates, tutorials, links, etc...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Very strange problem with View NX...(underwhile solved)

Post by Stany Buyle »

I'm running Vista 64bit for a couple of months now and I'm very happy with the OS. Nikon Capture NX and View NX were working flawless... until yesterday... I was one of the people who stated multiple times in Nikon software-related topics on this and other fora that I am very enthusiast about Nikon Capture and Nikon View, never had any problem and it used to be a great viewer...
I have ardfry 64bit NEFcodec installed since a couple of months to enable to see NEF thumbnails in Vista64bit...
This morning though, I started my PC and wanted to go through some new files in ViewNX and it blocked...
It started like this:

The only thing I did in relation to Nikon between the latest use of Nikon View and the moment the problem occured was downloading the D700 firmware update...

After multiple tries I uninstalled the program and installed again, not working...
Uninstalled again and installed the former version of Nikon ViewNX(1.2) blocks competely as well... Mutiple uninstalls and installs followed, no success...

Finally I uninstalled all Nikon software(including NX2) and all registry keys related to Nikon(see underneath screenprint)

Restarted my PC, installed Nikon View 1.2.2 first. Apparently it was working again...
Installed Nikon NX2 v2.1.1 and the latest NEF codec again...

Now everything seems to be normal again. I hope it keeps that way.
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe